What time of the day do you like to workout

Options
takobutt
takobutt Posts: 28 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Is it early in the morning, noon, afternoon, evening or at night? and why?

Replies

• galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    Early morning before work. I like to eat and relax after a long day at work which helps my sleep too. I used to be a night person, but after getting in a morning workout habit, I go to bed by 10 every night and sleep much better.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    I hit the gym about 5:30 p.m. Specifically because my kid has sports practice, and I drop him off and then go to the gym.
  • sunflowerhippi
    sunflowerhippi Posts: 1,086 Member
    Options
    Morning and fasted. I get sick to my stomach very easy so I just work out on an empty stomach. I also have the most motivation then to do it.
  • retro_belle24
    retro_belle24 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I work out after work so between 5:30-7:30. My gym doesn't offer early morning classes and even if they did, I wouldn't go. I'm more of a night owl anyways
  • faidwen
    faidwen Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    6:30 AM and 9:30 PM, twice a day, when the gym quiets down :)
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    takobutt wrote: »

Early morning before work! Get it done and out of the way. I have a 3-hour commute, so I'd rather just wake up at 5AM, get in a nice 2-hour work out and then have my evening to myself for errands, housework and family time (plus my family was getting aggravated at eating dinner at 10PM when I was doing night sessions)
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Time's not an issue, but I'd rather not take multiple showers a day, so I guess that means in the morning.
  • galgenstrick
    galgenstrick Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options

Early morning before work! Get it done and out of the way. I have a 3-hour commute, so I'd rather just wake up at 5AM, get in a nice 2-hour work out and then have my evening to myself for errands, housework and family time (plus my family was getting aggravated at eating dinner at 10PM when I was doing night sessions)

Plus, you feel like you accomplished something at the very start of your day and it's easier to stay on track with your goals. instead of questioning whether or not you really want to work out after work.
  • lessismoreohio
    lessismoreohio Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    I typically work out at the gym from the 7:00 PM - 8:00 PM time frame, 2 to 3 times a week. I leave for work early in morning, and with work schedule, home obligations, etc. it's hard for me to get to the gym before 7:00 PM. I like going in the evenings; there's a sense that I'm not rushed and I like the evening crowd.
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    11:30 am to 12:30 pm. Only a rare evening or Saturday since I workout at our company's gym over my lunchtime.
    If it's morning I don't feel all the way awake. An evenings I'm usually wiped out from the day and getting kids around to practices and hobbies.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    I workout when my schedule allows...I would love to workout in the morning, but there's a lot going on in my house in the AM in terms of getting my boys ready for school...getting them to school, and then an hour + commute to work...so unless I want to get up a 4 AM (which is a non starter), that doesn't work.

I tend to do most of my riding during my lunch hour and I lift a couple nights per week after work. I usually lift in the morning on Saturday and get in a longer ride on Sunday if there's not too much on the honey do list.
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options

Plus, you feel like you accomplished something at the very start of your day and it's easier to stay on track with your goals. instead of questioning whether or not you really want to work out after work.

All of this. I tried switching to afternoon and evening workouts once or twice, but morning definitely beats all other times. It's a refreshing start to the day. Also, this:
    emymwr1g1dua.jpg
  • AlphaCajun
    AlphaCajun Posts: 290 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Before the rest of the world is awake I'm done with my training.. love it. Up at 4:30, out of the gym by 6:30.
  • mswanger09
    mswanger09 Posts: 863 Member
    Options
    neldabg wrote: »

All of this. I tried switching to afternoon and evening workouts once or twice, but morning definitely beats all other times. It's a refreshing start to the day. Also, this:
    emymwr1g1dua.jpg

I love this!!!!! I much prefer working out in the morning. It also helps if something comes up at night, you already have your workout done.
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    Early, but I guess early is a relative figure. I am at the gym by 3:00 am. I work long hours and have a long commute and know I won't do it after work. No choice.
  • PandoraGreen721
    PandoraGreen721 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    Afternoon/early evening...just works out better for me. I don't ever see myself working out in the mornings.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    1CountryGirl05 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Early in the morning before my body realizes what's going on. Seriously though, the earlier the better because then I can't make excuses to not get it done.
  • rybo
    rybo Posts: 5,424 Member
    Options
    Right after work. Been my preference for as long as I can remember. I've worked out at lunch & before work on occasion when I had to, but love the after work time frame.
  • CrabNebula
    CrabNebula Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Doesn't matter. I work out at 10:30, 1:30, 3:30 because those are when my breaks are.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Dreams