Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
1 month in results: down 10" total.
Chest -1"
Waist -3"
Hips -3"
Butt -1"
Thighs -2"
Weight -6 #

Measuring makes all the difference. When you feel like your getting no where maybe its muscle gain and the best way to tell is keep track of measures!

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,159 Member
    Options
    That is great. I wish I had done this from the start. My first 6 weeks I did not lose even one pound but I lost 1" in the waist and my fat face.
  • danielasaur
    danielasaur Posts: 63 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Congrats on inches lost!! I've been carb free for a month and while I wasn't working out I dropped like, 10lbs in two weeks but as soon as I started exercising some, in an attempt to change not just my eating habits, but my lifestyle? Right back up seven pounds! That's when I realized that my body is great at retaining water and I shouldn't fixate so much on the scale and instead just LOOK at myself; my face looks noticeably thinner, my waist is becoming more defined again, and my collarbones are slowly but surely showing through! I'm bummed I didn't measure myself a month ago, but I'll be doing so now! Definitely the best way to track progress!
  • stephyc2016
    stephyc2016 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    That's amazing!! 10" in a month is fantastic! <3:#

I always take measurements at least once a month ( usually the first day of the month or the first Saturday) and I also take weekly pictures. When I'm feeling down and compare my current picture with when I started and it always makes me smile and happy again to see that I've come a long way in the last couple months!
  • Rockthatbodyat35
    Rockthatbodyat35 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Congrats
  • distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! I'm waiting six months.. I only took my first measurements seven months into this stuff, and my progress is so slow that I'm too nervous to measure any sooner. I was considering three months, but I think I'll wait.
  • natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Fairysoul wrote: »
    1 month in results: down 10" total.
    Chest -1"
    Waist -3"
    Hips -3"
    Butt -1"
    Thighs -2"
    Weight -6 #

Measuring makes all the difference. When you feel like your getting no where maybe its muscle gain and the best way to tell is keep track of measures!

Awesome job! I've decided this time around, I don't even want to weigh myself. I got rid of the scale and want to focus on inches and getting healthy.
  • EmilyHughes801
    EmilyHughes801 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    10" is about how many pounds? I've been told that 5 pounds is equal to an inch, but I don't really believe that. Congrats on the 10 inches! Goals right there!!!
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    I have been lifting so I don't expect a huge loss in weight if I am gaining muscle.
    10" is about how many pounds? I've been told that 5 pounds is equal to an inch, but I don't really believe that. Congrats on the 10 inches! Goals right there!!!

• robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options

5 pounds was 4.5 inches for me last month, I've only just started getting back into lifting. Excited to see where I am at the end of this month.

• capaul42
    capaul42 Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    I hit 20lbs lost this morning. And my measurements tonight are 19" total lost.
  • Fairysoul
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!