I got pulled over this morning.

Options
ClubSilencio
ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
So I was driving to work this morning and got pulled over by a cop (I was speeding a little). The cop gets off his motorcycle and he looks about 35-40, broad shoulders, cop mustache and everything. Impressive tan also given that it's early Spring.

He walks up to my window and says, "Good morning." I'm all nervous and say, "Hey whuh... wuz up?"

He says to me, "Late for work?" I laugh and say, "Yeah."

He goes on to tell me that I should leave earlier next time and speeding is not worth it. Then he tells me to wait.

He goes back to his motorcycle and I can see him scribbling something down. He returns to my car and hands me the paper and says, "Alright buddy, have a good one."

I waited for him to leave before checking the piece of paper which I'm thinking is a speeding ticket.

It turns out the paper has his phone number on it!

Should I report this incident or let it go? I'm still shaking as I type this.

Replies

• whmscll
    whmscll Posts: 2,254 Member
    Options
    Report him for what? Not giving you a ticket? I think it's funny. Just ignore it if you're not interested! Last I heard, being gay is not illegal.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    whmscll wrote: »
    Report him for what? Not giving you a ticket? I think it's funny. Just ignore it if you're not interested! Last I heard, being gay is not illegal.

Being gay is definitely not illegal. Handing out your number while on duty, in uniform is probably against company policies though, wouldn't you think?
  • whmscll
    Options
    Maybe. But so what. Cop was respectful otherwise, sounds like.
  • _incogNEATo_
    _incogNEATo_ Posts: 4,543 Member
    Options
    Maybe. But so what. Cop was respectful otherwise, sounds like.

Well, you were asking to report him for what. I was saying that there are grounds for a report if he chooses to.
  • _John_
    _John_ Posts: 8,642 Member
    Options

Being gay is definitely not illegal. Handing out your number while on duty, in uniform is probably against company policies though, wouldn't you think?

well technically on the legality of being gay, we don't know OP's location. Plenty of countries make Mississippi look like San Francisco (to put it in terms you Americans can understand).
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options

Not professional or a wise move while on duty, but OP would you report an attractive waitress who did the same thing? Or just feel flattered and move along.

• Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options

lol. is this a real post?

just what i want! police pulling people over just to hit on them

re[port him, hopefully they take his badge and fire him
  • whmscll
    Options
    Yeah, did you read where the OP said he was speeding?
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    i never said he wasnt. write him a ticket or give him a warning. dont try and score a date. im not interested in cops sexually harassing citizens
  • whmscll
    Options
    You implied the reason the OP got pulled over was solely so the cop could hit on him.
  • Rage_Phish
    Options
    he pulled him over for speeding, though it may have been used as false pretense to talk to the hot guy

cop sounds like a scumbag to me
  • x311Tifa
    x311Tifa Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    It was inappropriate, but I'd let it go and count myself lucky that I wasn't tickets. That and it was a nice compliment.
  • synchkat
    synchkat Posts: 37,369 Member
    Options
    my brother is a cop...you should see what he gets from "fans"
  • MonkeyMel21
    MonkeyMel21 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    He goes back to his motorcycle and I can see him scribbling something down. He returns to my car and hands me the paper and says, "Alright buddy, have a good one."

golden opportunity to tell him "I'm not your buddy, friend." and really ratchet the situation up a notch or two.

I'm not your friend, guy.
  • jlserrano905
    jlserrano905 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    If the officer was a female would you be offended or upset? What he did may not have been the most professional thing but you didn't get a ticket and he didn't make anything a pre-requisite for not giving you a ticket. Women get that type of attention constantly. You have two options, make a thing about it or let it go.
  • wesley58
    wesley58 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I am sure he just wants to go to a ballgame and have a couple of beers with a guy,
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    The idea of reporting him seems over the top to me. If he had acted unprofessional beyond leaving his number then I might see cause to do so, but it sounds like he was polite. I'd hardly call anything about this encounter "sexual harassment" like another poster did.

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.
  • annaaj2016
    annaaj2016 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Oh wow totally unprofessional