Breakfast recipes

Options
Rogersmomof4
Rogersmomof4 Posts: 11 Member
Hey guys, I'm pretty new here and I'm really trying hard to lose weight and stay on course!! I was wondering if y'all could help me. Breakfast has ALWAYS been a hard meal for me. I have four kids and they eat pop tarts and fruit bars for breakfast. I just can't do that anymore. I LOVE eggs but you can only eat boiled, fried, sunny side up & scrambled eggs for so long!! Can you help me?? What do you eat for breakfast? Would y'all share your recipes with me? I would greatly appreciate it!!
Looking forward to hearing from y'all!
Pauline

Replies

• MamaFunky
    MamaFunky Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    My kids and I had eggs, smoked sausage and avocado slices for breakfast this morning. Super easy and quick. Other mornings I cook bacon and we all have two slices with our eggs. We also love doing a spinach mushroom and goat cheese omelet. I usually use a few eggs and then add a little bit of egg whites. You can really make an omelet more interesting by using any kind of leftover veggies.

• RachelX04
    RachelX04 Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    I like to make healthy egg muffin recipes. I add whatever veggies and /or meat (cooked: turkey, chicken, hamburger, sausage) usually whatever I have on hand. I make a big batch on Sunday for the work week.
    Here's a link..
    http://paleogrubs.com/savory-breakfast-muffins

you can also Google healthy egg breakfast muffins and get many more versions of this.
  • tris2002
    tris2002 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    hello! I like to do smoothies for breakfast: they are quick and easy and i can drink them on the way to work!
    I use about a half of a cup of lowfat vanilla yogurt, about a cup of frozen fruit, half of a large banana, and about a 1/4 cup of steel cut oats (uncooked) (they blend in so you don't really notice them). Sometimes I add a little water too if it is too thick. I portion the oatmeal and fruit into freezer bags together, pop them in the freezer and then just pull them out in the morning add them to the nutri bullet , put the rest in, blend, and go!
    You can also boost your vitamins by adding spinach or greens to your smoothie!
  • scrap
    scrap Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Steel cut oats (groats) are very versatile. I prefer mine plain, but you could add fruit, cinnamon, nuts, milk, etc for variety.
  • MinmoInk
    MinmoInk Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Try lighter chilaquilles or however you spell it.

2 eggs

Salsa verde

2 tortillas.

Pam

Spray the tortillas with Pam and either bake them or smack them on a pan until they are crisp. Then add eggs but don't scramble them. Instead, swirl the egg yolks around in the egg whites. Add either salsa verde or whatever salsa you'd like. As the cook tear the crisp tortillas in the egg mixture. Cook and mix until the egg yolks are sill a little creamy
  • ugniukassss
    ugniukassss Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You can try to make an acai bowl. So delicious, so easy and so healthy
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like egg mugs made in the microwave. Anything you would put in a quiche or omelet will work in the fast breakfast. Eggbeaters and Hungry Girl have tons of recipes on their websites. hungry-girl.com/go-to-guides/show/best-of-egg-mug-recipes

I like toasted english muffin with tomato and cheese under the broiler. Love swiss and tomato. Also colby jack avocado and tomato. soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2016/03/avocado-tomato-and-cheese-melt.html

I like making Egg McMuffins at home. I used deli ham I don't bother buying Canadian bacon.

I like to make breakfast tacos, nachos or even pizzas.

soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/10/breakfast-nachos.html
    soupspiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2014/02/breakfast-pizza.html

I just read an article about smoothie bowls. I am going to try that next.
  • DaisyHamilton
    DaisyHamilton Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Currently eating a chorizo and egg burrito. Also bagels are my go-to breakfast. Loooove them
  • camsim
    camsim Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have 2 weetabix with milk semi skimmed it's under 300 calories
  • sticky_town
    sticky_town Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Spinach and cheese omelet topped with guacamole and salsa with a side of bacon

Omelet filled with ricotta cheese and peaches topped with plain Greek yogurt and almond slices

Mock breakfast burrito bowl made with cauliflower rice, Cuban style black beans, sausage, egg, guac, plain Greek yogurt, and salsa
  • katzenfluff
    katzenfluff Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    2 Wasa multigrain or sour dough crisp slices with 2 Baby Bel light cheeses sliced on top. Add a Halo or some raspberries or whatever fruit that's handy.
  • CChen8520
    CChen8520 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    try this:

beat eggs well,
    add a bit water or broth (2 tbsp for 1 egg), beat some more;
    season with salt;
    add shrimp and green onion (optional),
    rest till all bubbles gone,
    wrap tight,
    steam for 10 minutes.
    add sesame oil and serve!
  • melissamk89
    melissamk89 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    My go-to every single day is 1/2 cup cooked old fashioned oats with cinnamon, 1/2 banana sliced on top and 2 tbs of PB2 drizzled on top! So yummy & so satisfying! If you want to add more protein it's also really good with 2 egg whites cooked in with the oats. I crave it every single morning after my workout!
  • Tamijennelle
    Tamijennelle Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I actually make a lot of eastern foods for breakfast. They are filling, delicious and easy.
  • cgoodin1984
    cgoodin1984 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would have some Bullet Proof coffee and 2 turkey sausage patties. I love it..
  • lildynarider
    lildynarider Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I've posted this on another breakfast chain, but I'm all about spreading the love. Someone said crepes and it just seemed like a great idea to me so I did some digging and found some whole grain crepes. Here's the link eatingwell.com/recipes/whole_grain_crepes.html plus I wanted to comment on here because some others had some really great breakfast ideas on this chain.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt.. Or chia seed pudding is awesome too. I eat eggs like 5 days a week plus more for snacks haha. Hardboiled with vinegar and salt pepper.. Tastes like a quick pickled egg. Yum
  • feisty_bucket
    feisty_bucket Posts: 1,047 Member
    Options
    I think it's a mistake to treat breakfast as different than any other time in which you eat food.
    So: meat, eggs, nuts, veggies, fruit - in that priority.
  • JustinAnimal
    JustinAnimal Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    Kale, mushrooms and caramelized onions (leftover from dinner). Reheat in a pan with some coconut or avocado oil, toss in two eggs and and diced bacon and a bit of parmesan. So runny and greasy and tasty and filling!
  • Soy_K
    Soy_K Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    i love this buckwheat waffle recipe. i add blueberries and freeze a batch to toast some mornings. you can make it dairy free by using coconut oil and subbing coconut milk + a spoon of cider vinegar for buttermilk, but it tastes the best with the real deal. http://cookieandkate.com/2015/gluten-free-buckwheat-waffles/