Easy packed lunch

Options
Hi all! I'm a busy grad student who usually packs food for the entire day. I get sick of sandwiches and salads really easy, so I'm looking for suggestions on easy lunches/dinners that require minimal effort, are healthy, and are low in calories. Any recommendations?

Replies

• sullivank792
    sullivank792 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Also, feel free to send me a friend request. I'd love to have more friends who would like to motivate each other!
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Grilled/baked chicken. It's good cold.
  • GrinnyMae
    GrinnyMae Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I like simple things. Hard boiled eggs, string cheese, almonds, fruit, cottage cheese, yogurt, protein bars, granola bars. It kind of depends on your personal preferences in what you like to eat and your restrictions. I often eat 4 oz of deli turkey, a cheddar cheese stick, a boiled egg and some almonds and a clementine orange (cuties/halo).
  • kathrynjean_
    kathrynjean_ Posts: 428 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I'm also a grad student and work a retail job in the evenings some nights, so there are days (like today) that I leave the house at 8am and won't be home until midnight.

I usually weigh out my dry ingredients for oatmeal (I include protein powder, chia seeds, and other "fixings") for breakfast and then boil water at school. I also usually pack a lot of fresh veg like baby carrots or cucumber for snacking throughout the day just because I get bored. And I eat a lot of rice bowls or noodle bowls for my main meals. I usually clear out my fridge at the end of the week and just throw a bunch of stuff together (bits and ends of different veg, for example) and roast it up to divide throughout the week.

I don't eat meat so I like pressing and cooking a bunch of tofu once or twice a week. I'm sure this could work the same for another protein though? Then you can just throw it on rice with some frozen veg, a squirt of sriracha, and you're done! (Wow, I do sound like a grad student).

Every now and then, I buy frozen meals just for convenience on those long days. Amy's frozen burritos are a personal favourite ;)
  • Emily3907
    Emily3907 Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    A fave of mine is to purchase a rostisserie chicken from the store, pull the meat (and skin) off. It is really yummy cold. I will do that with a cheese stick, fruit, vegetable or some kind of chip (pita, bagel, etc.) depending on what I feel like and what I have the calories for. You can prep that on a weekend and be set for a week.
  • peaceout_aly
    peaceout_aly Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I'm a busy grad student who usually packs food for the entire day. I get sick of sandwiches and salads really easy, so I'm looking for suggestions on easy lunches/dinners that require minimal effort, are healthy, and are low in calories. Any recommendations?

I pack my lunch daily and rarely bring sandwiches or salad. Check my diary (it's open!) for inspo!