I got pulled over this morning.

Options

Replies

• shadowjon7
    shadowjon7 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Impressive tan? :/ I'm guessing you put off some vibes. That's why he gave you his number.
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    ekahnicole wrote: »
    The idea of reporting him seems over the top to me. If he had acted unprofessional beyond leaving his number then I might see cause to do so, but it sounds like he was polite. I'd hardly call anything about this encounter "sexual harassment" like another poster did.

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.

what dives you any impression op has anything against homosexuality?

simply being pulled over by the police can be traumatic/ nerve wracking. then add to it sexual advances while you are in a very vulnerable position to a n authority figure?

very clear why that may be traumatizing, especially considering the cop likely has all the op's personal information now.
  • glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,627 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Were you shirtless when you were driving?

(I also think people are taking the post WAY too seriously.)
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    lol. I love the responses in this post. Terrance-and-Philip-terrance-and-phillip-27044039-256-192.jpg
    Anyway. I'd just be thrilled I didn't get a ticket. EVERY time I've been pulled over I've gotten one. Cops hate me.
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    what dives you any impression op has anything against homosexuality?

simply being pulled over by the police can be traumatic/ nerve wracking. then add to it sexual advances while you are in a very vulnerable position to a n authority figure?

very clear why that may be traumatizing, especially considering the cop likely has all the op's personal information now.

Being pulled over is nerve-wracking, that's for sure. And I don't disagree that leaving his number was unprofessional, but calling it traumatic? I feel like you must have never experienced an actual trauma to call something like this traumatic. As for me wondering about the homosexuality factoring in, it's simply because I feel like this thread wouldn't exist if it had been a female officer. I try not to make assumptions like this, but it's hard not to when it rings true the majority of the time.

Perhaps I am desensitized to these scenarios, as I have had men hit on me in situations that were incredibly uncomfortable - that would most definitely be classified as sexual harassment - more times than I can count, and the experience he just described wouldn't even register on my radar. I'd be relieved I didn't get a ticket more than anything else.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    I fear there is a misunderstanding here.

Whoa.

I gave the officer my ID. He knows my name and address. He then hands me a paper with a phone number on it. I just feel paranoid about it, that's all. When someone exhibits strange behavior AND they have your personal info.... doesn't matter if it was a smurf, that makes me feel uneasy.
  • kdtesoriero
    kdtesoriero Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    This sounds a little made up, but if it's not what a compliment! Enjoy the flattery and let it go. I would report it only if he propositioned you like let's do this or.... Since that didn't happen, let it go!
  • Rage_Phish
    Rage_Phish Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    hopefully someone who has been through more traumatic events than you and more uncomfortable experiences than you don't simply discount yours cause they don't register high enough on their radar
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Post his phone number and we can all give him a call. "Hey, Big Boy, my buddies and I are doing "YMCA" nude and we need a Policeman."
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Good thing he doesn't know where you work. Might also steal your lunch. (Had to. Previous thread tie in joke).
  • ekahnicole
    ekahnicole Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I fear there is a misunderstanding here.

Whoa.

I gave the officer my ID. He knows my name and address. He then hands me a paper with a phone number on it. I just feel paranoid about it, that's all. When someone exhibits strange behavior AND they have your personal info.... doesn't matter if it was a smurf, that makes me feel uneasy.

Any cop that ever pulls you over any time would have that same info. Why does him giving you his number make you feel like that elevates his...threat level?

If he was giving off some bad/uncomfortable vibes beyond that however, I could understand your paranoia.
    Rage_Phish wrote: »
    hopefully someone who has been through more traumatic events than you and more uncomfortable experiences than you don't simply discount yours cause they don't register high enough on their radar

Asking for more details about his strong reaction is not discounting it, and neither is me explaining my point of view on these kinds of situations. You've been making a mountain out of a molehill.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Noooo...don't post his number!!! lol We sometimes forget cops are people just like us. If you're not interested let it pass. Definitely a funny story thou.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    You're shaking because some guy gave you his phone number? I'm not entirely convinced that this story is even true, but you've got some issues if this is all it takes to freak you out. Chill, dude.
  • tayter_tot7
    tayter_tot7 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    drmerc_oc wrote: »
    You better put out or you'll get a ticket next time
    you know what? I can't with you right now I am dying lmaooooooo
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Call him and start up the Village People anew.
  • ClubSilencio
    ClubSilencio Posts: 2,983 Member
    Options
    ekahnicole wrote: »

I'm curious why OP had such a strong reaction to this? Why are you "still shaking"? I'm sorry but it sounds like you just can't stand the idea of a gay man giving you his number.

Wow. Didn't see this comment. I think that is ridiculous!

I'm actually kind of offended to be honest because my sexuality has not been disclosed, nor do I feel it's relevant to this incident. But you immediately jumped to the conclusion that I'm a caveman who is being homophobic. That was uncool. Please have an open mind in the future as too many atrocities have occurred due to false assumptions.

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Options
    Not professional or a wise move while on duty, but OP would you report an attractive waitress who did the same thing? Or just feel flattered and move along.

Unless the waitress is legally empowered to shoot and/or detain you, this isn't a good analogy.
  • Cindy4FunFit
    Cindy4FunFit Posts: 2,733 Member
    Options
    Not professional or a wise move while on duty, but OP would you report an attractive waitress who did the same thing? Or just feel flattered and move along.

Unless the waitress is legally empowered to shoot and/or detain you, this isn't a good analogy.

It wasn't meant to be an equal analogy. But, thanks for noticing.