Lose Weight with Elliptical and weights

Options
Hello everyone I currently height 6'00 and weight 240 lbs I am trying to loose weight by doing this exercise routine everyday at my home.

1- 50 minutes on Elliptical With resistance 7 and 20 degrees.

2- For Resistance bands workout :
*Bicep Curl
*Shoulder stand up with squat
*Bent over row
*Standing press chest with squat
*Lateral rise
*forward rise

3-With weights :
*Bicep Curl
*Laydown press chest
*Shoulder stand up
*Deadlift

3-With no weights :
*Crunches
*Push ups
*Burpees with no jump

All the workouts are 15 reps with 3 sets each one. the dumbbells are 25 lb . Any recommendations? or comments? Am I Doing something wrong?.

My diet is :

1-Breakfast: 1 egg with 1 egg white and spinach and mushrooms along with a slice of multigrain bread.

2-Chicken with Vegetables for meal

3- for dinner 20 mini carrots with little Tex Mex nuts

Replies

• haugentimo
    haugentimo Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    My first thought, OMG eat some food.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    haugentimo wrote: »
    My first thought, OMG eat some food.

Agree that looks like a 900 calorie day. Try adding another 900 calories to that.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    rarmenta88 wrote: »

My diet is :

1-Breakfast: 1 egg with 1 egg white and spinach and mushrooms along with a slice of multigrain bread.

Hope that's a whole chicken at lunchtime otherwise it sounds truly awful.

Do you really want to make this as difficult and unpleasant as possible? There is no need for that kind of deprivation to be successful.
    Eat properly at an appropriate calorie deficit and do exercise you enjoy, don't make it harder than it has to be.
  • rarmenta88
    rarmenta88 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    sijomial wrote: »

My diet is :

Do you really want to make this as difficult and unpleasant as possible? There is no need for that kind of deprivation to be successful.
    Eat properly at an appropriate calorie deficit and do exercise you enjoy, don't make it harder than it has to be.

I actually like my diet I don't get hungry or feel the need to eat . Its not unpleasant but my main focus right now is the exercise.
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options

My diet is :

I actually like my diet I don't get hungry or feel the need to eat . Its not unpleasant but my main focus right now is the exercise.

I lost the majority of my weight using an elliptical. What you are doing sounds better than what I did. Weight loss though is 85% diet hence why more comments about your diet than your actual program. Just keep making it progressively harder. When you reach a certain point, you will want to branch out a little more.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Tfw sub 6ft manlet.

Also lots of accessories and repetitive. exercises. Don't make up your own routine.
  • Lkush89
    Lkush89 Posts: 25 Member
    Options

My diet is :

That's great you like your diet, but how long have you been doing it? You're going to get bored with it. Plus you truly aren't taking in enough calories with that kind of workout. I wish you the best, but you should try or a more balanced meal. When you deprive yourself of the calories your metabolism slows down. My nutritionist yells at me bc I "only" eat 1400 calories...and I think that's to much. Again I wish you the best and much success. Feel free to add me as a friend!
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options

My diet is :

Then fuel your exercise properly. How far can you drive a car without fuel?
    And throw away your routine and pick one suitable for a beginner.
  • rarmenta88
    Options

My diet is :

Then fuel your exercise properly. How far can you drive a car without fuel?
    And throw away your routine and pick one suitable for a beginner.[

Do you have a proper routine that I can use for my home workout?
  • rarmenta88
    Options

My diet is :

I lost the majority of my weight using an elliptical. What you are doing sounds better than what I did. Weight loss though is 85% diet hence why more comments about your diet than your actual program. Just keep making it progressively harder. When you reach a certain point, you will want to branch out a little more.

What was your elliptical routine? I mean time or did you achieve it with HIIT?
  • 20yearsyounger
    Options
    What was your elliptical routine? I mean time or did you achieve it with HIIT?

For the most part I used HR training. I set the machine to keep my HR at a certain level between 130 and 150 which automatically adjusted the resistance based on how fast I was going. Usually for up to an hour. Some days I did two sessions. I was burning at least 600-700 calories and weighed less than you do. As I got tired of the elliptical I expanded into other activities with the same relative calorie burn.

To put things into perspective, my calorie goal was roughly 1600 excluding exercise. Add that back in and that put me at about 2200-2300 calories while losing. I'm 2 inches shorter than you and I was aiming for 155. I hit that target and now maintenance for me is 1900 without exercise. So eat up.