DETOX TEAS - What kind?

Options
IrmaC94
IrmaC94 Posts: 39 Member
Just wondering how many of you have tried detox tea/water and if they really work? I've heard of a few but am worried I will be in the toilet all day at work. Any suggestions?

Replies

• T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    They don't work. Save your money.
  • MelaniaTrump
    MelaniaTrump Posts: 2,694 Member
    Options
    Detox from what? Lead ingestion?
  • jillmarie125
    jillmarie125 Posts: 418 Member
    Options
    water. and let your organs do the rest
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options
    No, they are a scam and/or a laxative. Don't be gullible.
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    None. Unless you like wasting money.
  • Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    They don't work. The only legitimate detoxing is done in the care of medical staff. Most OTC detoxes and cleanses have laxatives. Save your money.
  • WinoGelato
    WinoGelato Posts: 13,454 Member
    Options
    IrmaC94 wrote: »
    Just wondering how many of you have tried detox tea/water and if they really work? They don't.
    I've heard of a few but am worried I will be in the toilet all day at work. You will.
    Any suggestions? Save your money, enter accurate stats and reasonable goals into MFP, get an appropriate calorie goal, eat a variety of nutrient dense foods leaving room for treats in moderation, log everything you eat, ideally using a food scale, exercise if you enjoy it, eat back a portion of those calories, be patient.

• Becca_250
    Becca_250 Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    None
  • plantgrrl
    plantgrrl Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You're liver is the only detox you ever need. Honestly. Save your cash. Most of the time you're ditching water weight and any food in your bowels. It's probably pretty bad for you and your wallet. I saw this meme a few weeks ago and it applies. Best wishes!

pb4ykkjtl7e9.jpg
  • Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Don't. You don't need to be fired because you spent the entire day in the restroom. It would be all for nothing anyway. They don't do anything to help you lose weight, except the temporary weight loss from spending the day on the toilet.
  • MommyL2015
    MommyL2015 Posts: 1,411 Member
    Options
    Well, you're right about being on the toilet all day, so I'll give you points for that.
  • BruinsGal_91
    BruinsGal_91 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    Sorry, I just need people to know that I spelled s-h-i-t and MFP changed it to kitten. Because yes, that's definitely how I describe my poops.

One of my posts got changed to "no kitten, Sherlock". Which doesn't really make much sense, but it made me laugh.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Long Island Iced Detox Tea...
  • markswife1992
    markswife1992 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    it's not for detox but i love peppermint tea. it has no caffeine and it leaves you with great smelling breath and it's a nice way to unwind at the end of the day.
  • sunnybeaches105
    sunnybeaches105 Posts: 2,831 Member
    Options
    I know a guy who makes one with wild mushrooms. It really got me in touch with my inner spirituality and detoxed me over the course of a couple of days.
  • HomeatWDW
    HomeatWDW Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    I can't wait for some woo peddler to come up with "liver tea."
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Detox teas are fantastic.
    For detoxing your wallet.
    It will feel lighter, not in days, but seconds.

IrmaC94 wrote: »
    Just wondering how many of you have tried detox tea/water and if they really work? I've heard of a few but am worried I will be in the toilet all day at work. Any suggestions?

They're pretty much pointless unless your goal is to temporarily *kitten* out some water weight
    XD
  • evileen99
    evileen99 Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    HomeatWDW wrote: »
    I can't wait for some woo peddler to come up with "liver tea."

Go to Curezone (also known as quackzone) and read the liver flush forum. You'll find all sorts of "liver teas."