anyone know where I can calculate exercise calories?

Options
I exercised today and I don't know how much I burned. I want to log it, but it asks me for the amount of calories. Am I missing some tool available to calculate them based on my weight, type of exercise, and amount of time? Thanks in advance for help!!

Replies

• nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    When I go to find my activity...which I bike, run, or walk. It only asks me mph and duration and the cals are calculated for me?
  • sshap21712
    sshap21712 Posts: 139
    Options
    Most exercises on MFP have the calorie counter built in. It estimates high most of the time. If your exercising at a gym, cardio machines also have a calorie counter on them, though that also estimates high. The most accurate way would to wear a heart rate monitor, which will give you a much truer calorie count.
  • Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    I exercised today and I don't know how much I burned. I want to log it, but it asks me for the amount of calories. Am I missing some tool available to calculate them based on my weight, type of exercise, and amount of time? Thanks in advance for help!!
    MFP doesn't set up it's calculation like that. You don't get to input your age, weight, m/f, etc. that's vital to a more true calorie burn accuracy.

Might think about picking up a Polar Heart Rate Monitor when they're on sale, it's make a world of difference in accuracy as it DOES ask all of those particulars so it's individualized for the person using it only.
  • jody0912
    jody0912 Posts: 33
    Options
    thanks everyone! I'll look into a polar heart rate monitor.