Santa Fe Frittata

Options
dothompson
dothompson Posts: 1,184 Member
We had this for breakfast this morning. It's easy, fast, filling, and good enough to serve to guests who are not watching their calories.

Santa Fe Frittata

1 16 oz Bag frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, corn, red peppers)
1 Carton Southwestern Egg Beaters
4 oz pepperjack cheese shredded

Directions: Preheat large non-stick skillet to medium, Preheat broiler, Spray pan with cooking spray, add vegetables and cook for saute 1 minute. Pour Egg Beaters over vegetables. Cook stirring frequently until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese melts. Cover handle of pan with foil if not heat resistant. (I just let the handle stick out of the oven door)

Cut into wedges. Top with salsa if desired.

Makes 4 servings

192 Cal
9 g fat
5 g saturated
2 g fiber
21 g protein
8 g carb
531 mg sodium

Replies

• dothompson
    Options
    We had this for breakfast this morning. It's easy, fast, filling, and good enough to serve to guests who are not watching their calories.

Santa Fe Frittata

1 16 oz Bag frozen mixed vegetables (broccoli, corn, red peppers)
    1 Carton Southwestern Egg Beaters
    4 oz pepperjack cheese shredded

Directions: Preheat large non-stick skillet to medium, Preheat broiler, Spray pan with cooking spray, add vegetables and cook for saute 1 minute. Pour Egg Beaters over vegetables. Cook stirring frequently until almost set. Sprinkle with cheese. Broil for 1-2 minutes until cheese melts. Cover handle of pan with foil if not heat resistant. (I just let the handle stick out of the oven door)

Cut into wedges. Top with salsa if desired.

Makes 4 servings

192 Cal
    9 g fat
    5 g saturated
    2 g fiber
    21 g protein
    8 g carb
    531 mg sodium
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Hi, err, I'm in the UK, what are egg beaters???
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    mmmmmmmmmmmmmm:flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Eggbeaters are an egg substitute. I think it is actually eggwhites with coloring. comes in a carton in the dairy
  • Phoenixflame
    Phoenixflame Posts: 560 Member
    Options
    Egg Beaters are God's gift to an undeserving mankind (along with HBO).

They are egg whites, but unlike normal eggwhites, which are nutritionally void other than protein, they have all the great vitamins from the yolk put back in...but not the yolk's calories. So it's the best of both worlds.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Ok eggbeaters sounds good...

So what is a broiler then? :embarassed:
  • dothompson
    Options

A broler is a the part of the stove that has a burner that heats from above. Usually it's in the top of the oven but sometimes it's a separate area. You use it to toast bread or brown things.
  • deedun
    deedun Posts: 361 Member
    Options

A broler is a the part of the stove that has a burner that heats from above. Usually it's in the top of the oven but sometimes it's a separate area. You use it to toast bread or brown things.
    Thanks for enlightening me :laugh: I was totally stumped! We call it a grill here!
  • shoppie
    shoppie Posts: 618 Member
    Options

Thanks for enlightening me :laugh: I was totally stumped! We call it a grill here!

Yup, I was stumped too, its like learning a new language! :laugh:
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We are having this for dinner this week...serving it with toast and Canadian bacon (only 35 calories a slice...calorie bargain!)
  • mrsbuzz
    mrsbuzz Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Why are egg beaters so much better for you then an actual egg. I just never heard the reasons why!! I almost bought some egg beaters the other day, but didnt.
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    :laugh: You asked both the questions i wanted to ask lol!! Thanks!! So do we know if theres a uk version of these egg beaters????? I like the sound of this meal, spose normal eggs would do it but then i guess thats gonna mess with the calories!!AAAAAHHHHHH!
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    We're having this for dinner tonight...with Morningstar Farms southwestern veggie patties, toast, and Canadian bacon...sounds so yummy!
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Yummy! You could use egg whites and just a couple yolks instead for you UK people w/o eggbeaters, just add in the little extra fat for eggyolk. I can't wait to get paid again think I will try this next payday.

Amy

118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    Thanks!! Sounds really nice - i dont wanna miss out lol! Next question is lol........................................how do i replace the fat from the yolks lol!!!! Im very new to this sorry!!
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Wow! This sounds so good. I am adding the ingredients to my shopping list now! Thanks for sharing. :)
  • amycakes812
    Options
    Wow! This sounds so good. I am adding the ingredients to my shopping list now! Thanks for sharing. :)