What things keep you going?

Options
Aylame11
Aylame11 Posts: 13 Member
I started last year July 2015 at 14st it's took me Falling on and off the wagon to get to 12st I still need to loose another 2 to get to my goals! Ive recently noticed that the last few months ive been taking it more seriously and really considering what im eating and got back into the gym classes that I love getting on the scales! It doesn't scare me anymore LOL!! It's only the last few weeks ive noticed my clothes fitting better i have a jaw line that you can see ! I have less bingo wings!! I'd love to know what other people's 'spur them ons' are to keep me going! It's hard for me as I LOVE junk food! So come on what you got!

Replies

• robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    The actual dream of looking into the mirror with the perfect body. Started in 2013, I'm about 3 months away from my goal.
  • Aylame11
    Aylame11 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    That's brilliant!! Well done you!! That means if you started then I should hit mine by next year!! :)
  • robs_ready
    robs_ready Posts: 1,488 Member
    Options
    Good girl, keep going youre looking great already!
  • haywood_m
    haywood_m Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    There is a couple of things that I focus on. I have a pair of 501's that i had when I was 18. (I'm now 44) and I would never throw them away as I love them. They will be mine.... i will look like an idiot but a slim idiot. Also. I read some facts on ageing and weight gain so I decided to reset my weight back to when I was 21 and hold it there for 5 years. I want to be the best me that I can.
  • LoveToRead91
    LoveToRead91 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The idea that I actually can get to where I want to be. For the first time it seems like a real possibility, not just a far off dream. I have to remind myself of this and it makes it a lot easier to keep going.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,037 Member
    Options
    Results. :)

I lost 15 kg (33 lbs) in my first 16 weeks here last year. Consistently losing approx. 1 kg/week was enough for me to want to continue the next week and the week after and the week after that ...
  • SisterSueGetsFit
    SisterSueGetsFit Posts: 1,211 Member
    Options
    The idea that I actually can get to where I want to be. For the first time it seems like a real possibility, not just a far off dream. I have to remind myself of this and it makes it a lot easier to keep going.

Well put!
  • agstring
    agstring Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Getting back to my pre baby weight is a must. I gained 80 lbs with both pregnancies which is disgusting but I refused to let that extra fat sit on my body. And I lost it all and looked fit within 4 months. so it's really for the sake of my own well being that I enjoy being fit and being a fashionable person. Then there's always those days when I need some
    Motivation and there's always someone who I want to blow away with my body... I like to be the reason people feel they can accomplish their own goals.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    My kids. I can't expect them to love their bodies and take good care of them if I don't do so myself.
    Myself. I like to look and feel my best and I find I get disappointed and depressed if I don't put the effort forward and it turns into quite a bad situation. And I'm sure the 'me time' I get working out doesn't hurt.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    What was keeping me going was a certain dance audition that's happening in 10 days. I've auditioned for them before and was told that my dance technique is what they want, I'm just too big. I thought this year would be different but probably not.
    I wanted to be down to a certain weight in 10 days but I told myself I would not starve myself in order to get there. I got lazy over the last couple of months thinking I had plenty of time.
    I'll probably call if the while thing and plan better for next year.

Sorry for treating this like a therapy session.
  • Fernando618G
    Fernando618G Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I see everyone in my family suffering diabetes, && most have had some type of amputation. so thats my motivation to live a happy && healthy life so i can be there for my kids when that time comes
  • e14yne
    e14yne Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    robs_ready wrote: »
    The actual dream of looking into the mirror with the perfect body. Started in 2013, I'm about 3 months away from my goal.
    Love this attitude X
  • graduateschooler
    graduateschooler Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've only been going for a few months, but I find reading real people's success stories often helps my brain realize that losing weight and keeping it off is actually possible. If they can do with three kids and an unsupportive partner, my single *kitten* can too! I've been overweight my whole life (and lost and gained many times over). -32 lbs since xmas. Many more to go.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!