The amount of calories you are given??

Options
I have a question about the amount of calories mfp give's you when you sign up.

Should I be using all those calories or should I try to aim for like 100 or less under that. I'm not really sure??

Replies

• erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    Assuming you put the correct info in, you have to eat all of them to meet your weekly weight loss goal.
  • leighton1245
    leighton1245 Posts: 125
    Options
    I have a question about the amount of calories mfp give's you when you sign up.

Should I be using all those calories or should I try to aim for like 100 or less under that. I'm not really sure??

Get as close to those without going over. :)
  • tammylfinch
    Options
    It says to use all of them. The system already shaves some calories off for the type of activity you do. At least, that's what the site said when I signed up. It works! Good luck with your goals.
  • mlweaver89
    mlweaver89 Posts: 35
    Options
    MyFitnessPal automatically calculates exactly how many calories you need to eat in order to maintain your weight loss goals. Assuming you put in all the correct information, the amount of calories you are being given is already adjusted to slightly lower than what you would normally need.
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Yes eat what is given...the system does work!
  • Jeckia
    Jeckia Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Thanks! :) I wasn't sure if getting close to the was a good thing or not, but now I know

:flowerforyou:
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Hijack: anyone else think of the Price is Right when you hear "go as close as you can without going over"? :)
  • AngieM76
    AngieM76 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    I always try and get close to it. I rarely meet it but I do get close.
  • pelleld
    pelleld Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Hijack: anyone else think of the Price is Right when you hear "go as close as you can without going over"? :)

I was just coming here to say "pretend you're on the Price is Right!".......great minds think alike :))
  • Jeckia
    Jeckia Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Yes great minds do think alike...

Plus I love the price is right!!
  • TateFTW
    TateFTW Posts: 658 Member
    Options
    Who says don't go over?! It's all about the long term. If your under or over sometimes, it's no big deal at all, as long as it kind of evens itself out. If you go to a party and go voer 200 cals, stay 200 under the next day. At the same time, if you get busy and can't reach your goal for the day, take it easy the next day and go over some.

Or if you want, stay right on the number. It's all the same to your body.
  • mxmandani
    mxmandani Posts: 109
    Options
    What if you're always under!?