Need Any Tips!

Options
Well I have been doing this for about 3 weeks now and the first week went fine I lost 4 pound then we had Easter and I had a christening, 1st birthday party and a 60th birthday meal so since then I have put 4 pound back on and just can't seem to get back on track.

I want to lose a stone by September and keep it off but I just can't stop eating food I shouldn't eat.

Any tips/ recipes/ work out/ food ideas? :)

You can add me too

Thanks

Replies

• Oversyte
    Oversyte Posts: 482 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Ok
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Hands down, discipline yourself. Set a caloric goal and get in the habit of hitting it. If you want to lose the weight, YOU have to actually want to. No tips we give you are going to help unless you discipline yourself and stick to the plan.

Especially if you want to lose weight and keep it off. You can't lose it and then go back to your old ways. Make a change now. It will become habit. And you will change your eating habits through discipline.

But you have to want it.
  • davidmartinez66
    davidmartinez66 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey Katie,

Life can really get in the way with eating healthy or correctly in my view. I try and plan each day out in advance, my day for tomorrow is already in MFP, still could change, but at least I have some idea what I am planning to eat.

I have gotten to the point where I bring some healthy options with me to family events, even my family has started eating the roasted vegetables that I use instead of the things I shouldn't eat. Continue to log all the items you are eating so can go back and view the days and weeks that were not as successful as you like.

I still eat out and have the occasional beer, but plan for it. Make as healthy decisions as you can when eating out,
    log it and deal with it. You'll get better at it and when you have control of it you become very powerful and you will
    make an impression on someone else, and they will start eating differently, it's happened to me. :)

Working out. I work out 6 days a week, try and meet with a trainer, tell them your goals and READ labels on all food, I do, I am sure I annoy my family with it, but we are all eating better and losing weight.

What are your goals?

All the Best,
    David
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Here's something to learn straight off: There's no way you lost 4 pounds of fat in one week. This is both good news and bad news. Bad because you didn't really lose 4 pounds you were going to keep off forever and good because it's completely normal and it's not a permanent gain, either.

Most of that 4 pounds you lost was actually water. Your body is constantly retaining and shedding water from minute to minute depending on what you just ate or drank, whether you just used the bathroom, your hormone levels, how much sodium you ate recently, how hard you worked out, etc. You can test it out sometime by stepping on the scale to check your weight, stepping back off, drinking a 16 ounce glass of water then stepping back on the scale again. You'll have gained about a pound because 16 fluid ounces of water weighs 16 ounces (1 pound) on the scale.

So rather than beat yourself up over regaining the water you lost the week before use the week you ate badly as a learning tool. Was that week a very rare occurrence or do events like those happen all of the time in your life? If it's rare, then don't worry about it and move on. Life happens and that includes celebrations centered around food. If you control your eating 95% of the time, indulging a little the other 5% isn't a problem.

If you constantly have birthdays and parties, you may need to develop a plan to help you handle them so you can still lose weight. If you think back over those days what could you have done differently so you might have been able to control your eating a bit better? Would eating something sensible at home have helped you not overdo it before the meal was served? I know if I'm hungry when I first arrive at my in-laws I end up snacking on the chips and salsa before dinner. If I had a decent lunch at home, though, I can resist them and wait until dinner.