Motivation needed

Options
Help!!! Feeling really sluggish since being ill...can't get back in to the swing of things...anyone PLEASE HELP

Replies

• vampiress2die4
    vampiress2die4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Sometimes just to do a little at a time can help, you won't over exert yourself. But if you have a cold or flu. It's always best to drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest. You can always start where you left off when you feel better.
  • tristramtrent
    tristramtrent Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Go for a no - pressure walk, sniff the air, snap some photos, behold some nature /urban sights depending where you are. After illness the world looks different, needs exploring. Post some pictures of it here, tell me what you see. Your body will creep back into the MFP mood, I bet.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Just start moving and tell yourself you can stop after 5 or 10 minutes. Once you start it's easier to keep going.
  • LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Put it down.
  • chiciebee
    chiciebee Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am just getting over an intestinal bug myself. What a nightmare, not being able to eat hardly anything without it running through me in a matter of hours! I just stayed on the couch, kept sipping liquids, and waited it out. Today was the first day I started feeling better. I took it slow with a walk around the neighborhood. My body seems to have reacted well to it, so tomorrow I'll probably extend the length and see how it goes. Baby steps until I can get back to jogging again :smile:
  • vampiress2die4
    vampiress2die4 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    chiciebee wrote: »
    I am just getting over an intestinal bug myself. What a nightmare, not being able to eat hardly anything without it running through me in a matter of hours! I just stayed on the couch, kept sipping liquids, and waited it out. Today was the first day I started feeling better. I took it slow with a walk around the neighborhood. My body seems to have reacted well to it, so tomorrow I'll probably extend the length and see how it goes. Baby steps until I can get back to jogging again :smile:

A little at a time is all it takes. Too much too soon can make things worse. I hope you back bounce back soon :smile: