Does this seem right?

Options
I'm about 5'6, 155 lbs, 27 years old, my activity level sedentary. I've currently lost almost 57 lbs in 8 months. MFP has me eating 1,330 calories a day to lose 1 lb per week? Some days I feel ok eating that amount, then there are days I'm starving. I've looked online to see if this is correct, but I've calculated and got different results. Can anyone explain or know if my calorie intake is correct?

Replies

• LazSommer
    LazSommer Posts: 1,851 Member
    Options
    Looks about right to me.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    Your losing a bit faster than planned. Are you eating any exercise calories?
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    Looks okay, but I know I'd be hungry! You could exercise more to increase the amount, or slow to 1/2 lb per week as other options.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    That calorie goal does not include exercise. When you exercise, you are supposed to add back those calories (log them in MFP) and eat them.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Cyndiaquino Posts: 72 Member
    Options

I don't exercise. I plan to start soon, but haven't.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Options
    LazSommer wrote: »
    Looks about right to me.

Thanks!
  • Cyndiaquino
    Options
    brb_2013 wrote: »
    Looks okay, but I know I'd be hungry! You could exercise more to increase the amount, or slow to 1/2 lb per week as other options.

Thank you. Yes, some days are harder than others. I do plan on exercising soon.
  • Cyndiaquino
    Options
    jemhh wrote: »
    That calorie goal does not include exercise. When you exercise, you are supposed to add back those calories (log them in MFP) and eat them.

I currently don't exercise. I plan to start soon, but don't.
  • shadow2soul
    Options

Are you sure your sedentary then?
    If my math is correct, you are averaging about 1.6 lbs per week loss. That's about 800 calorie per day deficit. MFP adds 200 calories for lightly active (at least thats the difference between sedentary and lightly active for me).
  • Cyndiaquino
    Options

If my math is correct, you are averaging about 1.6 lbs per week loss. That's about 800 calorie per day deficit. MFP adds 200 calories for lightly active (at least thats the difference between sedentary and lightly active for me).

I'm a stay at home mom. I just considered myself sedentary. My son is 2 yrs, so he has me going, and with house chores and what not, but didn't think anything more than sedentary level.
  • shadow2soul
    edited April 2016
    Options

I'm a stay at home mom. I just considered myself sedentary. My son is 2 yrs, so he has me going, and with house chores and what not, but didn't think anything more than sedentary level.

I'm a stay at home mom as well and I'm lightly active on a lazy day.
    Example: Mar 28 was a rest day and I still had over 7k steps (sedentary is typically considered less than 5k steps).
  • Cyndiaquino
    Options

I'm a stay at home mom as well and I'm lightly active on a lazy day.

Then that would be where I messed up. I just thought because I wasn't constantly moving for 8 hours and sweating, I would be considered sedentary.