Returning newbie who feels like she will never loose those 20lbs

Options
Although I have been on MFP for years, I have never fully committed to it, and have never lost the weight that I wanted to.

I am a private person, and up until this point put my diary/ profile on lockdown because I didn't want anyone judging me (lol). I think that that is what I need though, to be given a kick up the butt and to be held accountable.

I have 20lbs to lose, that I put on due to a sedentary lifestyle (office work) and love of food. I feel like I will never get rid of them, so am making this post and getting more involved in MFP to try and be held accountable for my efforts.

Looking forward to meeting some of the great community here! :)

Replies

• jsskcat
    jsskcat Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am 62 and have been on MFP less than a week and trying to be engaged with this weight loss journey. I have set a 15 pound weight loss goal and want to start being active. I have a sedentary (office to recliner) lifestyle. Love food and wine. I lost 80 pounds about 10 years ago but they have been creeping back. Time to take control of my life.

It is nice to know we aren't alone and there is so many of us trying to do better. Good luck.
  • dashe111
    dashe111 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I'll send you both A friend request. I'm a long time app user, but first time commiter. I've got 30lbs to lose too due to babies, age, and sitting on my butt. Having friends on here to encourage and call you out (nicely!) really does make all the difference. I always kept my stats private as well, but as I opened up and branched out Actually doing the work has become more important an intentional part of my day.