Belly pooch after twins

Options
I had twins 11 weeks ago. I gained 80 lbs and had a c section. I gained 80 lbs with my son in 2012 and had natural birth. I looked great after a lot of hard work and dedication during that first pregnancy. However, I never thought I would now be one of those people with a rippled lose cluster of dropping skin. I am all about my body and fitness and looking good. I refuse to settle with this stomach. I have lost 61 lbs so far,,, 19 lbs to go,... I am ecstatic to reach my goal weight but will not ever be okay with my belly looking like this.

Replies

• anthony150paolucci
    anthony150paolucci Posts: 85 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Are you strength training right now? It's possible after you drop 19 lbs your stomach will be decreased significantly, but if you start weight training along with core exercises you can tone your stomach the way you want it.

Here is an article I found on breakingmuscle.com that has exercises that can help rebuild your core after pregnancy.

http://breakingmuscle.com/womens-fitness/6-exercises-for-rebuilding-your-core-after-pregnancy
  • agstring
    agstring Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Than you!
  • Coachallie81
    Coachallie81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    You will learn to love your body even though it's not the same. I also had twins and they're now 5. I had a flat stomach before that which was also after the birth of my oldest. And I had a baby after the twins too. My stomach is flat again but wrinkly. It has gotten better though. My twins think it's cool to see where they came from and I've named each kids' "belly marks" and it's a silly thing we do where they point to the mark that's "theirs". It's helped me feel better about it too. You can't see my twin skin under shirts but it was poochy for about a year. I still have a diastasis recti and do exercises for it but it looks like a wrinkled 6 pack. I do ab exercises about 4-5 days a week in addition to cardio.
  • ydyms
    ydyms Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    What kind of ab exercises do you do? I also have diastasis recti post twins :(
  • Coachallie81
    Coachallie81 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I started with little tiny crunch holds at first. Worked my way up to planks. Now I do leg raises on parallel bars. I do about 20 then stop and count to 2 then continue until I get to 40-45 even if I have to stop a few times. I do that 3-4 times during a workout. I also do mountain climbers and yoga 2-3 times a week (side planks, other plank variations). Don't do anything where you stretch your core like hanging reverse sit-ups until your muscles are stronger. I also do sit ups side to side by touching the sides of my shoes back and forth while sitting up just enough to keep my shoulder blades off the floor and swishing left and right.