Help! I hate most vegetables!

Options
2»

Replies

• Troutrouter1968
    Troutrouter1968 Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I would just stick to the list of what you like. Try different ways of cooking them. I only have 4 veggies in my rotation.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Have you tried chard? I find it to be close to spinach in flavor. How about cauliflower? My reason for mentioning these is that I don't see many colors. Both chard and cauliflower come in various colors which have some different micro nutrients.
  • stmokomoko
    stmokomoko Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Use them in juices or smoothies.
  • _jordanli
    _jordanli Posts: 3 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I encourage making soup with veggies.
    -Chicken noodle soup (celery, carrots, onions)
    -Corn chowder (bell peppers, celery, onions)
    -Minestrone (tomatoes, variety of beans, zucchini, green beans)

I would recommend using stir-fry to cook vegetables. You can mask the bland flavor of certain vegetables using meat, spices, and sauces.

I know a lot of folks who do not like vegetables do enjoy stuffed bell peppers and stuffed tomatoes. If you're interested in some recipes let me know I'll be happy to provide suggestions.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Do you like tomato sauce? Steamed veggies in tomato sauce with a sprinkle of parm cheese.

Roast them! Chop into chunks, toss with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and stick them in the oven.

Smoothies

Mix bite sized pieces into pasta salad, grain salad, tuna salad, chicken salad, casseroles, etc.

Try dipping anything crunchy into salad dressing or peanut butter!

Honestly, your list isn't that bad. But many veggies have a very different flavor and texture depending on whether they're raw, steamed, stir fried, or roasted. Maybe pick one each week and try it several different ways :)
  • 6pkdreamer
    6pkdreamer Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ooh Corn is good too :D

What about potatoes? Everyone eats chips occasionally or more. I know "vegetains that eat lest vegetables than you.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    I'm 25 and I eat like a 5 year old. (actually some 5 year olds may eat better than me)

I do like some vegetables. My go to veggies:
    Avocado
    Zucchini
    Asparagus
    Spinach
    Cooked Broccoli

But other than that I don't like really any other veggies. :(

How can I learn to love veggies?!

Most of your go=to's are greens. Keep on eating those each day. You're all good.
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    thats a pretty well rounded list i think u are fine if you regularly eat those.. better then a lot of non veggie lovers lists.
  • nishass
    nishass Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I drink most of my vegetables (juiced, not smoothies). I eat a small amount because the fiber is good but if we're talking straight micronutrients here, I think it's more efficient (for me at least) to drink it, that way I know I got the daily recommended servings and I didn't have to sit down and force it. It has worked well for me so far.
  • mlt2908
    mlt2908 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I don't like a lot of veggies either....and I mostly like raw ones. I find chopping the veggie I don't like into really small pieces and mixing a little of it with other stuff helps me out. There are a few I don't know that I will ever learn to like though....peas, green beans, and especially green peppers!
  • wdnisbet
    wdnisbet Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I am also not much of a veggie eater. Several people suggested I try roasting some. So far I have done green beans, corn and asparagus. Sure enough I do like them better that way. Spread fresh long green beans or asparagus out on baking sheet. Coat with a little veg oil (or spray), sprinkle with salt. Roast at 375 degrees for about 15 minutes. Easy.