Military Muscle

I am a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy and wanted to see who on here is also military who needs that touch of "get it done" that only the branches can give you. Even if you're not, military motivation can get you in a heck of a mind set. I am getting back into Fitness with the help of a trainer I know from my church. I can no longer sit around worrying if I am going to pass my next Fitness test or if I can suck in my gut or bulk up my neck so I can make height and weight standards. This starts the transformation. Let's get some!

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,179 Member
    I'm not what you're seeking, Chief, but the first thing I suggest you do is assiduously use the Food Diary feature of this web site to accurately record everything you eat for a week. That is only to document what you already are willing to do. Once that data is established, examine it and determine what changes you'll make to create a calorie deficit of 1000 calories per day and maintain it. The most important thing in this process is accuracy of measuring, and a food scale accurate to grams is inexpensive and widely available.
  • newmeoroldme
    newmeoroldme Posts: 10 Member
    JJStokes13 wrote: »
    I am a Chief Petty Officer in the US Navy and wanted to see who on here is also military who needs that touch of "get it done" that only the branches can give you. Even if you're not, military motivation can get you in a heck of a mind set. I am getting back into Fitness with the help of a trainer I know from my church. I can no longer sit around worrying if I am going to pass my next Fitness test or if I can suck in my gut or bulk up my neck so I can make height and weight standards. This starts the transformation. Let's get some!
    ******* HEY CHIEF I'm a vet, security forces AirForce and need that get it done. Thanks !!!
  • JJStokes13
    JJStokes13 Posts: 4 Member
    Jerome, definitely in tune with the food diary. I will look for a food scale, though, thanks for the heads up! Newmeoroldme, awesome! I do a ton with Force Protection as well for both on ship and shore. Now that we got Air and Water in the house, where are those land side guys and gals at?? LOL