Is 50lbs loss in 3 mths possible?

Options
jenniferburns1989
jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
edited April 2016 in Introduce Yourself
hello my name is Jennifer. I am new to fitness pal. I am trying to lose a total of 80lbs. I'm currently 220; my goal is 140ish. I'm in a size 18 btwn 22 pants. I have 3 kids. A set of twin girls and a baby boy. I am 26 years old . My short term goal is to drop 50 lbs by July before my beach trip. Is it possible in 3 months??

Replies

• jenniferburns1989
    jenniferburns1989 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    hello my name is Jennifer. I am new to fitness pal. I am trying to lose a total of 80lbs. I'm currently 220; my goal is 140ish. I'm in a size 18 btwn 22 pants. I have 3 kids. A set of twin girls and a baby boy. I am 26 years old . My short term goal is to drop 50 lbs by July before my beach trip. Is it possible in 3 months??

• dtoll87
    dtoll87 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Honest key loosing that much weight that fast is dangerous. I think loosing 24lbs in 3 months is very tough but doable. Anyway good luck with everything.
  • usmcmp
    usmcmp Posts: 21,220 Member
    Options
    2 pounds per week is normal and safe. 50 pounds by July is too aggressive of a goal. Even if you managed to do it the methods you would have to use are not safe and you would feel absolutely horrible on that beach trip. Aim to do the best you can until your trip.
  • tomandchels05
    tomandchels05 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm 29 and I have twin girls also! They are 5. I'm not an expert by any means, but you could probably get pretty close to it with lots of hard work. Make sure that you take supplements if you need to, to make sure your body is getting enough of the vitamins it needs. You can add me if you are looking for friends. Good luck!
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,239 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    No. Figuring it is 12 weeks, that would be more that 4 pounds a week, or a 2083 calorie deficit per day. In other words, you would have to eat nothing at all to lose that sort of weight.

Two pounds a week at this point would work for you, by the time you have less that 50 pound to lose, 1 pound a week would be far better.
  • freelingfree
    freelingfree Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Ji jen add me if u like.tks.jb
  • jessicanb1029
    jessicanb1029 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Please add for support. Looking for new friends for support and suggestions as well.
  • mumbles2013
    mumbles2013 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I think you could do 30 easy because Ive done it once before. 50 is too big my dear xx
  • Jsmitty9393
    Jsmitty9393 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    It's possible but losing a lot of weight quickly is dangerous.