Weight loss in inches?

Options
Does anyone out there measure themselves in inches out there? I'm debating on whether or not to do so. I've lost 5.6 lbs (as of today) in 25 days, but it's fluctuating. My bf swears he notices a difference in my appearance, and I think I do too.

Would it be wise to not only weigh myself but to measure too?

Replies

• lhanks89
    lhanks89 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I measure myself so that I can compare my body fat percentages. It's a good idea, and makes me feel more accomplished.
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    You absolutely should measure, too.
  • DKev
    DKev Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I believe measuring is more accurate than using scales to weight.
  • LaDawn74
    LaDawn74 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I measure also. I'm measuring once a month. I weigh once a week.
  • cweiler4
    cweiler4 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Of course you should measure. You should also try and take before pics, so you can compare them as you move along your journey. Some people choose the same day of each month to take measurements, take body fat percentage, take photos etc. You may lose more inches than weight in the beginning!! Good luck!!
  • marchegt
    marchegt Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    MEASURE MEASURE MEASURE! lol. I lost weight, and then at a certain point started to GAIN weight but went from a size M/L to an XS/S. Definitely measure!
  • BabyDuchess
    BabyDuchess Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Definitely! I weigh in on Friday and measure once a month....always on the same day. Sometimes I've lost more weight than inches and other times I've lost more inches than weight. As long as I'm losing, I don't care which one...:flowerforyou:
  • dawnrenee567
    dawnrenee567 Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Since the beginning of the year, I've lost just over 50 pounds. With what I need to lose it doesn't feel like I've lost a lot, however a few weeks ago my trainer did my measurements, which I haven't checked since I started in January and I've lost 10 inches in my waist, almost 5 in the chest, and also lost a lot in my arms and thighs. I would definitely encourage everyone to measure :)
  • vdavis_89
    vdavis_89 Posts: 334
    Options
    I measure in inches adn I weigh myself (well I will when i buy a scale lol) The first time i measured myself I was shocked that the numbers were so big! I was disgusted :( now Im tryin to not be obsessed with it lol i want to measure myself everyday lol but thats like watchin water boil ... anways if you do measure yourself make sure your consistant with where exactly you measure :) Good luck! i had my fiance help me it was kinda hard to get my thighs cuz my belly was in the way lol
  • Pitterpatter
    Pitterpatter Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    i am ALL about measuring!!! i haven't lost a single pound in a month but i have lost a total of 8.5 inches in 30 days.
  • yummywater
    yummywater Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Great idea with the pictures! Oddly enough, I never thought of that. Lol
  • yummywater
    yummywater Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice. I think I'll be shocked at the numbers too, but maybe that's where I'll see the most change!
  • JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    i measure inches about once a month.
  • pittielover23
    Options
    Do it! I have lost inches even though I have been floating around the same weight for a few weeks now.
  • jae6704
    jae6704 Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    I've lost 1 pound this month but lost 5.5 inches in 2 weeks. Measure too. I write mine weekly on a calander
    That I keep in the bathroom
  • Lunarokra
    Lunarokra Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I took measurements and can see those inches dropping slowly.