Kitchen Dummy

Options
OK guys help me out here, my husband and I just started myfitnesspal and our main struggle is finding good healthy recipes!! Any EASY suggestions-i'm no Martha Stewart here ..

Replies

• kelika71
    kelika71 Posts: 778 Member
    Options
    myrecipes.com

I love this site because under the "healthy diet" tab, you can go down to "nutrition search" and specifically enter criteria you want (i.e. calories, carbs, sodium, etc).

Don't be afraid to throw things together...experimenting is most of cooking. Sometimes it'll work, sometimes it won't. :)
  • TS65
    TS65 Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options
    Honestly some of my favorite meals are the easiest - grilled (or baked) chicken, fish or shrimp served with steamed brocolli, sliced tomatoes, green beans, etc. It's not rocket science and it's yummy. Sometimes keeping it simple is the best way to go (less ingredients to try to figure out calorie wise).

One of my favorites is chili rubbed salmon (or shrimp) - sprinkle shrimp/salmon with a little bit of kosher salt, pepper and chili powder. Sautee in 1 TBSP of olive oil. Serve with steamed veggies (or a black bean salad - Paula Deen has a really good one on Foodnetwork.com).
  • kashia09
    kashia09 Posts: 15
    Options
    OK guys help me out here, my husband and I just started myfitnesspal and our main struggle is finding good healthy recipes!! Any EASY suggestions-i'm no Martha Stewart here ..
    oh, how well I know your kitchen issues....have I told you lately that I love you?..lol. I don't really have time for the cooking thing lately, so I've just made best friends with the steamfresh section of the grocery store...I also use google A LOT :)