Stretch marks :(

Options
13»

Replies

• SusanKing1981
    SusanKing1981 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    I have them on my inner thighs, stomach, hips, boobs etc! They've faded a lot but they don't bother me as much as they used to. I have a gorgeous tall and slim friend who looks perfect in every way. I noticed she has stretch marks on her legs too. I'd say more of us have them than don't.
  • tris_hope
    tris_hope Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I'm feeling a lot more positive about these marks! I'll definitely give rose hip oil a try! I've been using castor oil and vitamin e oil, and it's helped a lot! I know with time they will get better :D
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't even remember when I first noticed mine. They really don't bother me. No guy has ever said a thing about them. I suspect most of them are too busy thinking "OMG, she's nekkid."

ETA: That really sounds like there's been a lot of guys. :laugh:
  • WrenTheCoffeeAddict
    WrenTheCoffeeAddict Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Pretty sure I'm more stretch-marks than normal skin!
  • fishshark
    fishshark Posts: 1,886 Member
    Options
    skinny my whole life i got them when i got boobs and a butt during puberty again at 13 when said puberty happend i was still 98 pounds.. for me its just anything rapid. years later still there pretty faded. I have a lot of tattoos and have a hip/butt/thigh piece that covers them boob ones still there. They havent been red since i was a kid. Not one dude has say anything about them and ive been with some idiots. ha. ive had fraxel laser on some big ones and it helped (i had surgery scars i needed to fix and those went with it) but its so damn expensive. i never had big ones or a lot of them it killed me when i was a teen. literally couldnt care now.
  • KnitSewSpin
    KnitSewSpin Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Got them on my boobs during puberty. Got them on my stomach with four kids, including twins. I was self conscious of the ones on my boobs in my early 20's but I could give two shiites now. Hubby doesn't care. He just likes the boobs. I'm proud of the ones on my stomach actually! My body has made four babies. How awesome is that!
  • enterdanger
    enterdanger Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've had them forever. Plus 2 10lb babies delivered by C-section. Trust me. A man isn't looking at your stretch marks during fun time.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    No guy I've ever been with has cared about stretch marks. Didn't even cross my mind, to be honest. You'd be surprised at the number of women (and men) who have stretch marks - even the skinny ones who haven't been fat a day in their lives, due to growth spurts and whatnot. I suggest you don't let the scars bother you. If your insecurity due to them stems from bad self esteem, I suggest you address that problem, and the stretch marks will stop bothering you eventually. Unsolicited advice, and easier said than done (trust me, I know), but I'm putting it out there nonetheless. :smile:

And worst case scenario, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon for surgical treatments. I'm not really sure if they work or are even worth it, though.
  • Megan_824
    Megan_824 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    After I had my daughter I got stretch marks in places I didn't know was possible AND a C section scar. Felt self concious and hated my body at first but now I don't care. Everyone has them. You've lost weight and have the scars to prove how bad *kitten* you are. Feel proud of yourself :)