Want an accountability buddy that will help me stay on track this weekend!

Options
I have plateaued recently due to over-indulging on the weekends. I have a goal of losing 8-10 pounds by May 14th, and this weekend is going to be very hard to stay on track. Looking to add someone that will motivate me and view my diary entries to help me stay accountable!

Replies

• osos85
    osos85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I can view you diary but that won't really help you, and why this weekend only and not the next. My personal opinion is if you really want to lose the weight you will not over indulge and will power alone should be the key.. Avoid going out with people who will contribute to the reason you'll over indulge and just make smart choices. Stay focused and committed, and just remember why you really want to lose that weight so bad. Me personally stopped drinking alcohol since the beginning of this year and if you knew me that is not easy but my goals are far more important. ADD me if you want me to look at your diary.
  • emilyb117
    emilyb117 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I think my approach right now is taking baby steps. If I do well this weekend, it will become more of a habit every weekend.
    I do like the attitude you have though, which is basically just do it if you want it enough.
  • osos85
    osos85 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Just think of how happy and how much better you will feel once you've accomplished your goal, the people I associate with are aware of my goals and are either on board and or understand to not try and pressure me to eat or drink something I choose not to have.. In the long run the only person that can really make you feel really good about yourself will be you once you've reached your goal/s and when others notice the change I'm sure their compliments will make you feel even better especially when they start asking you for advice.
  • onparity
    onparity Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Me me!
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am also looking for someone to keep me accountable and stay focused. Please feel free to add.
  • AmberNew16
    AmberNew16 Posts: 59 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Hello. I think oso pretty much said what I would say. The main thing is to think of this goal as a lifetime plan. The main thing you see on fitness blogs is to never set a goal to lose weight because of a bathing suit or you have a wedding to attend. Let's face it lol must of us girls are on here because of a cute bikini. If you look at the bigger reasons for why you want to lose weight, then everytime you look at a drink or fries on weekends, it will be easier to stick to the plan. When we focus on short time goals, we're more likely not to meet them and then we resent the health journey. I've set 4 week plans 100 times for a river trip or article of clothing and never meet them. I'm looking at achieving my goal in 7-12 months. We might be a good fit