Feelings during weightloss

Options
I was just wondering if anyone can relate to how im feeling. I've lost a significant amount of weight (65+ pounds) but, I still feel 205 pounds. I know I've fixed my addiction to food physically but, mentally it hasn't gone away. Can any one else relate? How are you feeling in your weight loss journey?
Also feel free to add me as a friend.I would love to encourage you and cheer you own as you make progress and reach your goals

Replies

• Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Yes... people always say how much i lost. How good i look. But i look in the mirror and just see FAT

I was at 165 pounds at my highest, and when i look at pictures i can see a difference. But not as much as i would of thought... I'm at 138 pounds, i should be feeling fantastic. I do, in a way, i know i've done so much. But i still see myself as fat.
  • CiaraDaniielle
    CiaraDaniielle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Totally understand. I was 205 at my highest now im 140 but when I stand in the mirror I still see that girl that was addicted to food. I think a lot of people feel being overweight is a physical thing and we can just stop eating but, its so mental. Congratulations on your progress.
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,716 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress! That is amazing. Give yourself time for your mind to catch up with your body. It's a slow, learning process and somewhat dependent on how long you were overweight to begin with. Just keep doing what you're doing because apparently it's working and slowly your mindset will change as well.
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. I haven't lost as much as you but I still have the mentality of my original weight and I feel like my current weight is not my actual weight. It sounds weird but this exactly how I feel.
  • CiaraDaniielle
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Thank you so much
  • CiaraDaniielle
    Options
    gebeziseva wrote: »
    I was thinking the same thing the other day. I haven't lost as much as you but I still have the mentality of my original weight and I feel like my current weight is not my actual weight. It sounds weird but this exactly how I feel.
    What works for me is posting my progress pic as my lock screen bc it forces me to see the progress I've made. Its not 100% but it helps.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,996 Member
    Options
    Did you save some "fat pants"? Try putting them on.

I feel like I am losing weight when my jeans are getting too big, but once I have on a new pair that fit correctly, feels like I haven't lost any weight.