Anyone feel like this?

Options
I've been working out religiously, eating at a calorie deficit, weighing my foods, drinking my water, but the scale WON'T budge! I feel like I see physical changes every day. However, I also feel like I'll wake up any day now and the scale will be down like 5lbs.

Anyone else?

Replies

• CiaraDaniielle
    CiaraDaniielle Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    All the time! I use to be addicted to seeing progress on my scale and when I didnt i felt letdown. Acknowledge the physical changes of feeling better and taking charge of your health but, don't let not seeing changes on your scale slow you down. It takes a minute. Stay encouraged!
  • gcaracciolo2
    gcaracciolo2 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Same here.

Now I mostly focus on my appearance when looking in the mirror and use the scale as a guideline.

Keep plugging away and good things will happen.
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight stayed the same?
  • justjennnnn
    justjennnnn Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for 2 years now and I have felt like that many times. Each time it happens you just have to reevaluate your situation and make one small adjustment at a time. One day you will see 5lbs vanish overnight! Stick with it!
  • drummondk
    drummondk Posts: 79 Member
    Options

A little over a week. I know that's not long in the grand scheme of things, but I was steadily dropping for a while.
  • AnotherTry2016
    AnotherTry2016 Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    Today as a matter of fact! I know I shouldn't care, but it is hard not to!
  • sdeeb1950
    sdeeb1950 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Yes, for sure. I've been bouncing around with a few pounds for a couple weeks. Yesterday I was only 8/10ths away from my goal weight then up 6/10ths this morning. I have two more days to reach that goal and it just doesn't want to budge. But I've learned once you see a deficit on the scale that you have to stay there a few days before you are "actually" there. Hang in there. It will happen.....
  • Seffell
    Seffell Posts: 2,222 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    drummondk wrote: »

A little over a week. I know that's not long in the grand scheme of things, but I was steadily dropping for a while.

This always happens to me the week before my period. Then I gain 1.5lbs the last day and two days later it is all gone and I start losing again steadily. This happens every month.
  • DYELB
    DYELB Posts: 7,407 Member
    Options
    Cut sodium for a week
  • I_Will_End_You
    I_Will_End_You Posts: 4,397 Member
    Options
    drummondk wrote: »

Oh. Well if that's the case I wouldn't worry about it, it's completely normal. If it continues for several weeks, that's when you should looking into your logging accuracy and such.
  • brb_2013
    brb_2013 Posts: 1,197 Member
    Options
    I am seeing progress, but my focus is absolutely on meeting my goals. 4 workouts per week, 10k steps at least 6 days per week, team effort for portion controlled dinners (my last difficult spot) with veggies added to 6/7 dinners of the week too. I'm into my second week of these habits, it's pretty amazing to see myself meeting my goal points. I have broken life into two week periods with the minimum numbers of each so I can evaluate my ability to stick to them over time. This is more important to me and making this a lifestyle change than losing pounds. I also take measurements once a month, but the key is building long chains of good habits.