Has anyone done nutrisystem?

Options
I ordered it and now I'm worried it won't work after I looked at some reviews; (

Replies

• KristenNagle1
    KristenNagle1 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have done it. IT will work if you eat the food and only the food : )
  • ladycleo_12
    ladycleo_12 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you so much I was worried thatbi just wasted my money
  • Suzanne106
    Suzanne106 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    It will work but you MUST follow the program and not deviate from it at all. I used it to get over a plateau and it worked great. I didn't stick with it very long though as I just needed a kick start
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I ordered it and now I'm worried it won't work after I looked at some reviews; (
    I suppose it could work if you integrated the foods into the MFP system of logging and such.
    Anything works that way.
    The only person I personally knew who ordered the whole NS plan, including a freezer full of stuff as well as crates of other foods washed out after a few months...and today, both he and his wife are fatter than ever.
  • kadiebabyx3
    kadiebabyx3 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    it's freezer dried food. kind of like space food. really gross :(
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't suggest you do it because it doesn't teach you much, if anything, about how to make a sustainable change. That's the biggest issue with food-based plans like that. If you take the time to learn about appropriate calorie and macro (protein/carb/fat) goals and work it out over time, you'll have such a better shot at long-term success. How many people have you seen get epic weight loss from plans like this and then gain back more weight than they lost, because they didn't learn how to plan for themselves. I hope this helps.
  • perkymommy
    perkymommy Posts: 1,642 Member
    Options
    No. Main reason is I am choosing a new lifestyle and way of eating that will work for the rest of my life and not a get skinny quick scheme. Unless you plan to always eat their food in order to maintain once you get to your goal weight then I personally wouldn't do it.
  • OhMsDiva
    OhMsDiva Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    As someone who has been mostly on Nutrisystem for the past year and has lost 120 lbs, yes it does work. If you really have no idea what you are doing trying to lose weight, then it is a good way to start. I am not 100% on Nutrisystem food, but I still buy it. And no it is not all freeze dried food. Some of it is actually quite good. You still have to exercise, eat fruits and vegetables and keep track of your food. If it works for you good. If it does not, then there are many nice people on this site that will guide you in the right direction. Either way, good luck.
  • WendyLaubach
    WendyLaubach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I've known many co-workers who got good immediate results, but none who sustained them. It might work great if you combined it with permanent changes in diet of the sort that this site can teach you. In the end, it's all probably going to be about portion control, not magic ingredients.
  • carli_boni
    carli_boni Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    YES it works. I have lost 30 pounds in 3 months. I did it eleven years ago and had the same results. You must follow it exactly. I love the plan and I am using it now because we are doing a kitchen re-do and did not have a kitchen for 2 months. I order the food now every other month and log it into MFP
  • GoalWeight165by2018
    GoalWeight165by2018 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I think getting the food and logging it into MFP would be very helpful. That way when you are off the food, you still have a record of your nutrition levels going back a ways. Good luck!
  • mathes8o8
    mathes8o8 Posts: 146 Member
    Options

I'm currently using it and I'm on day 5! I've lost about two pounds already and I'd say it works great, the thought thing is just sticking to it! I find myself very hungry at times cuz it is small portions but I need to not eat so much lol
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    To me its just someone else doing the counting instead of me and I have to pay them to do it. Nothing wrong with that, just saying