Help getting started

Options
elestam
elestam Posts: 8 Member
What does a 1200 calorie diet look like ?

Replies

• HappyHannah0304
    HappyHannah0304 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Is that your recommended calorie intake? I think what you need to do is break it down and plan out some meals. What I've found works for me (however I have a higher calorie recommendation) is to figure out an average calorie intake at my different meals and try to balance off there. Once you get into the swing of tracking you'll catch on real quick of what is working with your plan and what isn't. You can add in a work out plan to "earn" more calories, as well as adjust your goals to change your recommended calorie intake. I hope this helps a bit, feel free to add me or message me!
  • abadvat
    abadvat Posts: 1,241 Member
    Options
    a mistake - unless you are a very tiny person that dines't do much if anything at all during the day.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want. Any diet that comprises fruit, vegetables, whole grains, and meat/fish/beans, eggs/dairy, nuts/seeds, butter/oil, is a good diet. I got this in the 'mail today: 9 Questions to Ask Yourself Before Starting a Diet Plan

That said, be sure 1200 is right for you. The less you eat, the more difficult it will be to sustain. Appropriate calorie goal depends on your height and weight, age, gender and activity level, and how much you have to lose. The "last" pounds go off more slowly because your body has less fat to take the calories from.

If you have 75+ lbs to lose 2 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 40-75 lbs to lose 1.5 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 25-40 lbs to lose 1 lbs/week is ideal,
    If you have 15 -25 lbs to lose 0.5 to 1.0 lbs/week is ideal, and
    If you have less than 15 lbs to lose 0.5 lbs/week is ideal.
  • zira91
    zira91 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
  • bebeisfit
    bebeisfit Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    1200 calories is just too little for me. But that's me.
  • elestam
    elestam Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the support I think I know the right path to take now :)