Healthy caffeine????

Options
asmitty1992
asmitty1992 Posts: 71 Member
edited April 2016 in Getting Started
Does anyone have a alternative for caffeine or energy that is healthier for you? Has anyone tried Hydroxy-cut?? If so did you like it?

Replies

• RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Does anyone have a alternative for caffeine or energy that is healthy for you? Has anyone tried Hydroxy-cut?? If so did you like it?

That's a caffeine pill...
    They just call it something else like most of those "diet pills".
    Anyway, I like green tea before an activity. It gives me a slight bump, and the actual caffeine content is lower than coffee.
    It's not like we're smoking meth...lol

Good luck to you!
  • asmitty1992
    Options
    Thank you
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    If you're having issues with fatigue, defiantly talk to your doctor. If you're just feeling a little run down at times, maybe up your vitamin D and B12. Hydroxycut is just another supplement, so you're better off adjusting your diet yourself and save the money on it.

As a note, some Hydroxycut stuff has caffeine in it, so you if you're needing to cut out caffeine, you shouldn't take it anyways.

Is there any particular reason you're cutting out caffeine? Having a cup of coffee's worth isn't harmful, though there's probably some medical reasons that would make it bad. I was told to cut down my caffeine, but my doctor (and a second doctor) said some caffeine is fine.
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I drink a lot of Green tea. I love it. Its very hydrating, a bit of caffeine, and doesn't make me feel sluggish like a lot of coffee does. Right now I've been loving it iced.
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water and a bit of fruit juice. That said, I do espresso most mornings, which is less coffee that is more condensed. I do 2/3 decaf though.
  • asmitty1992
    Options
    I work a first shift job 5 days a week and have a lot of after work things going on with two young children , when it comes to around 8 pm when it's time to walk/jog/ exercise I have no energy to spare. Is the green tea store bought or tea bags?
  • asmitty1992
    Options
    I do not want to cut it out, i just need a healthier way..i have been drinking a lot of Red Bull.... :(
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I work a first shift job 5 days a week and have a lot of after work things going on with two young children , when it comes to around 8 pm when it's time to walk/jog/ exercise I have no energy to spare. Is the green tea store bought or tea bags?
    I brew my own every morning from bags.

• amyvanblaricom
    Options
    Green tea can be bought already bottled easily but you lose a lot of the benefits of it that way. I buy teabags. Its also cheaper than my coffee fix.
  • amyvanblaricom
    Options
    Also instead of caffeine for energy, B Vitamins are great. A lot of energy drinks are packed with them.
  • dubird
    dubird Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I do not want to cut it out, i just need a healthier way..i have been drinking a lot of Red Bull.... :(

Switch to iced tea, green or otherwise. Brew up some and keep it in your fridge so it's handy. You will probably have withdrawal symptoms for a week or so if you've been drinking a LOT of Red Bull, but if you can tough it out, the lower caffeine level will work fine for you. Save the Red Bull for all nighters or long drives. ^_^
  • asmitty1992
    Options
    Thank You, i will give the green tea a try!
  • loulamb7
    loulamb7 Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I just drink coffee.
  • megzchica23
    megzchica23 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

I suggest from tea bags. The bottled kind will have added sugar and stuff you don't need. I also have one cup of green tea every morning. Also work on adding foods that will help promote energy and taking away stuff that won't. My fiance works at 4am so he also struggles with waking up and stay up for the whole day. I make him protein shakes since he is in a rush in the morning to help give him some energy. Also, since he doesn't have much break time I put a bag of almonds in his pocket so he can snack on that during day to help him out. He has a very physical job. It seems to be helping him out.
  • asmitty1992
    Options
    Haha, okay!
  • kuftae
    kuftae Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I take breaks from caffeine every 8 months or so. Just 2 weeks off caffeine completely. The first two days suck then the third is easier... then smooth sailing form there. Going no caffeine can be good as it gives perspective on your consumption and resets your tolerance.

I also get a lot of energy from fasting routines-- mostly a leangains style. It doesn't work for everyone tho.
  • 6502programmer
    6502programmer Posts: 515 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I don't know that there's such a thing as "healthy" caffeine, but anything in unreasonable quantities is certainly unhealthy. Amazon has what I consider "energy drink in a capsule" available. If you compare its ingredients with most energy drinks, you'll see significant overlap. All things in moderation, and you'll be fine.

eta: this this looks like the same ingredients (and possibly even same manufacturer) at lower cost. At $9/bottle of 100 and 2/serving, you're looking at $.18 per serving--Well below the $2.00 to $3.00 per serving for most energy drinks/shots.
  • JuanSLOjourney
    JuanSLOjourney Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I dont like drinking green tea, but I take green tea pills. they work great for me.
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Caffeine addict here. I drink Monster Ultra Zero - all the caffeine, none of the calories - if that's what you're looking for.