Lose 18lbs by May 9th

Options
I didn't want to put this under challenges. My goal is to lose to my goal weight of 160 lbs by May 9th. I have MFP set to lightly active and 2 lbs per week so I can eat 1500 calories a day not counting any exercise. I have averaged 2lbs per week so far for almost 75 days. I did have one week of vacation in there were I maintained. I know it will slow down the closer I get but I am hoping to reach this goal. Anyone else wish to share their goals and aspirations? Friend me if you like.

Replies

• mel35645
    mel35645 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I would like to lose 5 lbs by April 5th and an additional 8 by the middle of May have had really good results for the past few weeks but so far this week the scale shows a gain. I weigh in each Sunday so still holding out hope for a loss!!
  • bigorange70
    bigorange70 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Well mel35645 I weigh on Mondays so I hope you have a good weekend and anxious to find out if you had a loss and I will let you know on Monday. Thanks.
  • fishccer
    fishccer Posts: 29 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That's about my goal too but I can't figure out how to add you :-( Can you add me?
    Hang on, may have figured it lol, watch your requests
  • bigorange70
    Options
    I lost 3.5 lbs from last week. I am very excited about this because now I am officially in the normal stage as far as BMI. Very proud now 13.5 lbs to go till goal.
  • momnom27
    momnom27 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I so want to reach a normal BMI. I do so well when I use this app. I get frustrated when life gets busy & I don't get to log. Then I get lazy & stop logging all together. Really need to make this my priority. I got down to 163 last summer, less than 10lbs from my healthy BMI goal. Then I let it all go when the kids went back to school & life got hectic. Starting again at 180. Almost like I sabotage myself because I don't think I can really succeed. Pathetic! 10-15lbs by mid-May sounds great!
  • bri170lb
    bri170lb Posts: 1,375 Member
    Options
    I also have 18 pounds to go to reach my goal weight!
    I started at 300, now I am 168 and I am trying to get to 150 by my birthday, which is June 30th. I don't think I can do it as fast as you are planning since I am already at 1200 calories and only losing about a pound a week.

Just wanted to wish you luck and tell you that YOU CAN DO IT!!!! NEVER GIVE UP!!!
  • bigorange70
    Options
    I have 11 more pounds to go by May 9th. Still plugging along.
  • bigorange70
    Options
    I got my comments the other day. Almost exactly 12 weeks since I started. "Are you trying to lose weight?" I am glad I finally got the comment because I was starting to think maybe my scale is wrong and I am not losing. HA HA
  • bigorange70
    Options
    Lost another pound. 10 more to go by May 9th. Plugging along.