When did people notice your weightloss!

Options

Replies

• Livematthew25
    Livematthew25 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I've lost 31 pounds. My husband says he can't tell which is disappointing but someone asked me at my son's school today if I'd lost weight
  • FlabToFitty
    FlabToFitty Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great guys I've been at this for about three months now and still cannot see a difference and no one has mentioned anything it's so annoying :s
  • wvmark41
    wvmark41 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    SW: 260
    CW: 235
    GW: 180

People first started to notice after 20-pounds lost. Then more & more started noticing after I started wearing new clothes that were a size or two smaller.

Warmer weather is coming. The sweatshirts & sweaters will soon be replaced with short-sleeves and shorts.
  • 1CountryGirl05
    1CountryGirl05 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    SW: 148.8
    CW: 118
    GW: 110

I'm barely 5ft tall! :)

I specifically remember that on December 20th I posted a new profile photo and that's when people seemed to really notice on MFP and off of MFP. (I had another account before this one for 7 months).

It was crazy because suddenly I got a lot of. Male attention. I felt like I was invisible one day and then boom the next day comments like, "Dayumm!" and messages to my inbox. Even a male friend blowing up my kik saying, "how did I not know you were so hot!"

I don't know. It was a fun day. I don't think I'm all that though. :blush: Must habe been just a good photo day. Haha
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I don't use a scale so can't comment on my weight. But I've been on MFP and working out for 90 days tomorrow. This last week I've had quite a few comments from people.
  • amyvanblaricom
    amyvanblaricom Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Height 5'7
    SW: 238
    CW: 154.9 (the lower number makes me feel better)
    GW: 145-150

I started having people notice about 30 pounds. It was winter though so jackets didn't help. Now that I've lost 83 pounds I've had people seriously not recognize me. Then they want to know my secret. I tell them its MyfitnessPal, lots of calorie counting, and exercise. Its not easy and take will but no magical cure. I know before I lost the weight I wanted a magical cure too but so glad I started or else I would never be where I am.
  • bigorange70
    bigorange70 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I got noticed yesterday. I went to the donut shop. Yes my little boy loves them. The lady said you have lost some weight right? Then she went on to say that she wasn't hitting on me. I told her good thing because my wife and little boy were in the back seat. HA HA
  • snowflake930
    snowflake930 Posts: 2,188 Member
    Options
    SW 290
    CW 130
    Comments began 8 weeks in @ -40 pounds.
  • FlabToFitty
    Options
    Quick question everyone my starting weight was 246lbs now it is 212lbs. No one has noticed and I haven't too. When will the change become more noticeable???
  • FlabToFitty
    Options
    Quick question everyone my starting weight was 246lbs now it is 212lbs. No one has noticed and I haven't too. When will the change become more noticeable???

Anyone??? Lol
  • ddavenport63
    ddavenport63 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and have lost 55lb over 11 months its only been the last 5lb(and 4 dress sizes) that people are realy noticing, not sure if they were just unsure weather or not to mention it or not but the comments now are great ,still have 35 more to lose but theres no rush .
  • hrhleg
    hrhleg Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    5'7
    Sw 229
    CW 200.9 (under 200 is soooooo close...getting it next weigh in! :) )
    GW 145-160

I lost almost 30lbs. It's noticeable. Is anyone saying, "WOW!" no. That's ok. I don't want to be about my weight loss. It's happening and I AM FABULOUS! BTW, I quit smoking 10/15/15. That's THE WOW that everyone is focused on. :) I AM FANTABULOUS!!!!!!!
  • FlabToFitty
    Options
    Wow well done B):#:D:)
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    My grandma always seems to notice quickly, but she knows I've been working on it.
    The first time around, no one else really noticed until I was about 45 lbs down.
  • Quinn_Baker
    Quinn_Baker Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Also, a lot of people won't say anything for fear of being rude.
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Or people may not say anything because they are jealous. ;)
  • FlabToFitty
    Options
    Ahh yes that is true :D
  • dorisj717
    dorisj717 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    I've lost almost 30lbs. so far, I've had a couple of people at work say something that's about it.
  • IpakDaley
    IpakDaley Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I don't know when they noticed, but it was 40 lbs. before anyone asked about it.
  • thunder1982
    thunder1982 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I find my weight loss noticeable but most people dont comment on weight. I am down around 11kg which was about 12% of my body weight.

I had one work college says you've lost a shitload of weight but that's it. People I have discussed food & exercise at work havent said anything either. Mind you When I starting working here this is what I weighed and no one said anything when I was putting in weight either.

I did ask my sister if she thought I'd lost weight as she saw me a week before I started and I was about 10kg down and she couldnt see a difference. Either she was blind to the extra weight or she cant distinguish fat from really fat.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!