Any slimming worlders?

Options
Hi I rejoined slimming world for about the 4th time in 8 years at the end of Jan and have lost 23lbs. I joined it on referral from gp so got 12 weeks free which is great because I was off long term sick at the time. Losing weight has already had benefits for my health but I have a long way to go. If anyone else is on SW and wants to buddy up for motivation and meal ideas (or if you're not on SW that's fine too) feel free to add me

Replies

• leahcollett1
    leahcollett1 Posts: 807 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    YEP ME HERE! ive been tooing and froing from here to sw. not really counting syns. my first week at 100% sw and im utterly frustrated right now - i sneakily weighed in which is a no go on my own scales but i couldnt help me and ive stayed the same. i gained 5.5 at easter so was expecting a big loss really after all that crap i ate.
  • JulieSlack
    JulieSlack Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Same here I was hoping for a 2lb loss but I can't resist weighing myself and I know at best I will have lost 0.5lbs I think I ate too many carbs so I'm going to try a few SP meals this week. I work different hours each week so that doesn't help either. I've got SW in half hour so I'm going to start my new week after that
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    my official weigh in at sw is tomorrow. 5pm. im dreading it i really am.
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    im doing sp today as a last try at losing something.
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    Slimming World takes more pounds from your wallet than it does from your waistline....
  • leahcollett1
    edited April 2016
    Options
    sorry i have to disagree there - i love calories counting and slimming word both work - slimming world group support is fantastic and so far ive lost 4 stone on it.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    What Slimming World dont tell you is how much you will put on after once you have tired of their ways of eating...
  • leahcollett1
    Options
    their ways of eating is just a healthier way - cooking from scratch choosing better foods theres no strict plan. theres no going without.
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    They say slimming world is a way of changing your eating habits for life and you can join for free and get 12 free weeks with a letter from the doctor. I've tried loads of different diets and have lost weight but been hungry all the time. With slimming world I can eat big portions not get hungry and lose weight so I'm happy with it.
  • eldamiano
    Options
    JulieSlack wrote: »
    They say slimming world is a way of changing your eating habits for life and you can join for free and get 12 free weeks with a letter from the doctor. I've tried loads of different diets and have lost weight but been hungry all the time. With slimming world I can eat big portions not get hungry and lose weight so I'm happy with it.

Dont kid yourself. You can do this without someone charging you to tell you how.
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    It works for me and it works for Leah it doesn't really matter to me if you don't think it's worth it
  • jackieshll
    jackieshll Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    6nay2a15ep1a.jpeg
    It works for me I've lost 7 stones 1 lb
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    JulieSlack wrote: »
    It works for me and it works for Leah it doesn't really matter to me if you don't think it's worth it

How are you defining 'it works'? You said this program is about changing your eating habits for life but in your OP you also said this is the 4th time trying this program. How is that being successful? Weight loss means absolutely nothing, if you haven't learned how to keep it off long term. Repeatedly trying a program that doesn't work long term, just doesn't make sense (and what a waste of money, ouch). I sincerely wish you the best of luck with your goals, but this plan doesn't sound like it's really helping you.
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    If you are paying someone / something to show/give you foods and recipes that create a calorie deficit I agree you could get that for free via google, no?
    Just wondering.
    Anyway- great loss @jackieshll
  • jackieshll
    Options
    The support of the class has been invaluable for me .I have tried so many times to go it alone but fail miserably. I'm the lightest I've been for 30 years and the fittest !!!!!
  • jackieshll
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    What Slimming World dont tell you is how much you will put on after once you have tired of their ways of eating...

Isn't this same for any weight loss programme including counting calories? I'm full of admiration for anyone tackling their weight issues and I think we should be offering support regardless of their choice of programme x
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    Truth is when I've tried before I have wanted to lose weight but didn't really want to put the effort in this time I'm full on committed and have already been more successful both weight wise and health wise than before
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    Just thought of another reason! Unfortunately some SW consultants are in the wrong job I've come across 2 of them the first didn't encourage exercise at all and if someone said they thought they had a good weight loss because they played lots of sports this was brushed over quickly. You were also forgiven if you gained weight because you'd had a good drinking session but if like myself and my mum you had had too much cake then you were told off. The second bad consultant just didn't take enough interest in the members, and made no effort to follow the SW plan herself.
    The consultant I have now is great she's lost a lot with SW and still follows the plan, she is really helpful and encouraging and doesn't shame you if you gain some weight she just helps advise you how to turn it around. And the group I am in is really friendly too.
    There are other more personal reasons why I didn't stick to it too but I'm not going into them. And you get referred by your doctor if money is tight, like it was with me for free membership and 12 weeks free and if your doctor thinks it's a good idea for you to keep going they can refer you again.
  • KimmyAlonso
    KimmyAlonso Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey, I've recently come off slimming world! Not because it wasn't working but because I stalled on the scale a lot because I think I'm gaining muscle with lifting weights, and it was messing with my head. I still use their recipes and am looking for buddies who can motivate me and keep me accountable here because the class motivation was the best thing and I miss that
  • JulieSlack
    Options
    Feel free to add me