5'5 & 150-155 lbs, how many calories do you eat ?

Options
OneTwentyThree
OneTwentyThree Posts: 186 Member
edited March 2016 in Food and Nutrition
Trying to lose some weight, but lowering my calories gives me fatigue and headaches.

How many calories are you eating on exercise days and on non exercise days.
Please also mention if it is net of exercise?

I seem to feel best if I eat 1800 cals in general, and 1800+ when exercising. But that seems like a large number if I am trying to lose weight. And then if I burn 600 calories am I supposed to eat 1800+600.. just seems like a lot. Even 1800+300 seems like a lot of food

Should I maybe try 1600 on nonexercise days and 1800 net on exercise days?

Replies

• NishaGettingFit
    NishaGettingFit Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 170 lbs. According to MFP I get 1640 calories a day to lose 1 lb a week. I also take approx 10000 steps a day which gives me an additional 200-400 calories. I'm just restarting my fitness journey so I don't have any long term experience to share but I was able to lose 2 lbs last week and I weigh in again on sunday.
  • extra_medium
    extra_medium Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    The app is designed to answer your question. Set up your account with your height/weight/general activity level and then log all your food and exercise. Follow what it says for a few weeks and see how it works for you. If you're not seeing results, or feeling overly drained, make some adjustments. Everyone is going to be a little different as far as how many cals work for them.
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    How active are you?

How active you are plays a large role in how many calories you can eat.

~ I'm 5'4.5" and 122.3 lbs. My total intake has averaged out to be around 2000 calories for most of my weight loss. Currently (well in Feb...I was off track in March...eating out at places on a weekly basis that you don't know the calorie count for throws a wrench in things), if I avg around 1871 total calories per day that is equal to 0.7 lb per week loss (avg deficit of roughly 350 calories). ~
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". I was eating about 1400-1600 when I was in the 150s. That was with cardio only once or twice per week.
  • brala90
    brala90 Posts: 16 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I eat 3k plus :p
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    I ate 1700 when I was 150 pounds.. one hour of exercise a day (I don't eat back exercise calories).

Now at 135 pounds I maintain at 2200. I can't imagine that you'd lose much at all eating that much...