To put it simply, I'm hungry!

Options
Anyone fighting late day cravings? It isn't emotional or any of that, I'm just hungry. I'm at 1200 cal/day & I know it's low but it's what seems to be working for me. I'm not weighing food yet, but I am measuring. Am I simply not getting enough throughout the day? I definitely don't want to eat NOW & ruin what I work hard at all day. Any tips?

Replies

• MegSchuy16
    MegSchuy16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    You should eat when you're physically hungry. Not a lot... Just enough to keep you satisfied. I had that problem last night and a Tbsp of Peanut Butter and 1oz of Turkey did the trick.
  • taragaddy26
    taragaddy26 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I just hate eating right before bed. It makes me feel SO guilty. I'm hoping my body will jump on the band wagon with when it's time to eat & when it's not! Wishful thinking maybe? Thank you!
  • Odiaa
    Odiaa Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    How much water do you drink a day? Try drinking lots of water every day. If I want to or not I try and drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. It's helps curb hunger.
  • taragaddy26
    Options
    I am overloading on water. Since changing my diet I only drink water. I likely go through 5 or 6 16 oz bottles a day. And I honestly feel like I literally ate all day! It frustrates me.
  • MegSchuy16
    MegSchuy16 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    I work 6pm-245am... So I ate that Peanut Butter and Turkey at 3am and it didn't alter my weight at all. I drink 9 cups of water a day and 3 cups of tea... which usually helps, but last night I was so hungry that I had to have something small. As long as you don't go overboard you'll be fine.
  • taragaddy26
    Options
    Thank you for that. I'm gonna try to find some fruit to snack on at least I know it's good for me. :D
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I eat right up to bed. On lower calories I fast during the morning so that I can enjoy food later in the evening. You should not feel guilty...I don't understand that.
  • MissMonicaC4
    MissMonicaC4 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Drink some water and give it a couple minutes.. If your still hungry darling have a little something. Listening to your body is important. Pick a low calorie snack.. Nourish your body and feel good about that.. :) I love mini cucumbers..pretty much all water and fibre.. A hard boiled egg or 2 helps also.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    I just hate eating right before bed. It makes me feel SO guilty. I'm hoping my body will jump on the band wagon with when it's time to eat & when it's not! Wishful thinking maybe? Thank you!
    Why guilty? It doesn't matter when you eat unless you get an upset stomach when you eat right before bed. If you want a late night snack, plan for that in your calories.
  • taragaddy26
    Options
    Thank you. I've been downing water like nobody's business. I think I'll have a little something and attempt to get some sleep. Maybe finding larger healthy snacks between meals tomorrow will help.
  • arditarose
    Options
    Thank you. I've been downing water like nobody's business. I think I'll have a little something and attempt to get some sleep. Maybe finding larger healthy snacks between meals tomorrow will help.

Satiety can be a very personal thing. You have to find out what works for you. Some people are filled up with carbs (no idea how), others high protein, some high fat. Some like a specific balance. I personally love high volume, lower fat, lower carbs but meals I can eat out of a mixing bowl. Just work with your macros and the volume of your meals until you find out what works.
  • taragaddy26
    Options
    seska422 wrote: »
    Why guilty? It doesn't matter when you eat unless you get an upset stomach when you eat right before bed. If you want a late night snack, plan for that in your calories.

It's the know-nothing in me worrying about "no eating three houra before bedtime." I actually was under my calorie goal today so it isn't that. It's my OCD telling me I have myself on a routine & eating late is off limits. :#
  • taragaddy26
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

Satiety can be a very personal thing. You have to find out what works for you. Some people are filled up with carbs (no idea how), others high protein, some high fat. Some like a specific balance. I personally love high volume, lower fat, lower carbs but meals I can eat out of a mixing bowl. Just work with your macros and the volume of your meals until you find out what works.

I want to say I'm sort of similar. I'm still new & learning but I try to eat MORE of less. Does that make sense?

• arditarose
    Options
    arditarose wrote: »

I want to say I'm sort of similar. I'm still new & learning but I try to eat MORE of less. Does that make sense?

Volumetrics? Yes. It's my way. Needless to say I eat a crap ton of veg and lean meat.