Macro Changing

Options
How do I know when and what to change my Macros to when I'm losing weight and trying to lean out???? Please help!!!

Replies

• kramer50428
    kramer50428 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I can only give advise from my personal use on macros. I go with 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20% fat. The protein, I attempt the amount grams with body weight (I weigh 180 lbs so I try to eat 180 grams protein). I am also working out heavily with cardio. So far since January, I'm down twenty pounds. Hopefully some of that information will be useful for you!
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Well dietary fat and protein requirements/recommendations don't change whether you're bulking or cutting. Only thing that really changes is carbohydrates (more when you're bulking).
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    The protein, I attempt the amount grams with body weight (I weigh 180 lbs so I try to eat 180 grams protein).

That's more protein than you need or even can utilize for muscle synthesis.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,404 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Generally, protein should be .8-1g per lb of lean body mass, fats ranges .35-.6g per lb of lean body mass, and the rest are carbs. Mine workout to be 50% carbs, 30% fats and 20% proteins. But you should calculate based on grams and not percentage. You use the grams to back into percentage.

If you want to be lean, moderate protein, resistance training and a moderate deficit generally is ideal.
  • johnrgarcia858
    johnrgarcia858 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I want to get lean. Can someone do my macros and calorie count please
    Here's my status
    I'm 5 9" height
    182 pounds and 27 years of age
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Here's my status
    I'm 5 9" height

If you want to get lean, eat at a deficit. Macro percentage does not matter to lean out. I'm currently leaning out and I eat a ketogenic diet ( 70% fat, 25% protein, 5% carb ). This ratio, for me, never really changes whether bulking, cutting, or maintaining. I dropped my caloric intake by about 500 calories. I'll drop more if I'm not leaning at the rate is like to.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Here's my status
    I'm 5 9" height

What is your current exercise routine? Or you can use a tdee calculator.

We can provide an estimate but it will require some playing around with.
  • johnrgarcia858
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week
  • johnrgarcia858
    Options
    Right now I'm consuming about 2200 calories 219 carbs 186 protein and 64 fat
  • johnrgarcia858
    Options
    I been doing it for about two months now I'm losing weight but I don't seem to be getting toned at all
  • drwilseyjr
    Options
    I been doing it for about two months now I'm losing weight but I don't seem to be getting toned at all

What do you mean by "toned"?
  • johnrgarcia858
    Options
    Cut up
  • drwilseyjr
    Options
    Cut up

I'm guessing you mean you want your abs to show, etc. what's your body fat %.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Well you dont lose tons of body fat in two months. How much weight are you losing per week?