S.B.F. Challenge. . . Jan 15th

Options
Little rant here - is yoga sexy or something? I just saw a banner ad for a "dating" site that had a woman doing bow pose. Also, there's a billboard near Dallas for a place called "Sara's Secret" or something like that, that shows a construction guy spying in on a woman doing downward dog. It's a really creepy ad.

V - very glad to hear it was benign. We had a friend die this week of ovarian cancer - she was only 56. Scary stuff.

Anyway, yesterday - elliptical, weights, yoga. Didn't get a bike ride in - did some yard work instead. It's cold today (for Texas), so I'm heading to the gym for elliptical/walk/jog.

Happy workouts!

Mary

Replies

• yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Little rant here - is yoga sexy or something? I just saw a banner ad for a "dating" site that had a woman doing bow pose. Also, there's a billboard near Dallas for a place called "Sara's Secret" or something like that, that shows a construction guy spying in on a woman doing downward dog. It's a really creepy ad.

V - very glad to hear it was benign. We had a friend die this week of ovarian cancer - she was only 56. Scary stuff.

Anyway, yesterday - elliptical, weights, yoga. Didn't get a bike ride in - did some yard work instead. It's cold today (for Texas), so I'm heading to the gym for elliptical/walk/jog.

Happy workouts!

Mary
  • mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,695 Member
    Options
    Mary, I have heard guys talk before about how flexibility is sexy so I guess that's what they are getting at. ?
    It is cold here for Texas. I don't like it. I grew up in Nebraska but being in Texas for 20 years has changed me! lol I don't like it cold anymore.
    I am going to shiver me timbers over to the grocery store this morning and get that done. Then I have to clean up the house and get some laundry done. DH has already been talking about getting the home study done for the adoption thing! It makes me nervous! I'm not really sure my emotions are up to that yet. I am still hormonal. :grumble: I'm also feeling like I am coming down with a cold. My throat hurts really bad.
    I unlocked the free time running yesterday on the wii so I am going to try to run ten minutes today. Between running and the hula hoop I did sweat a little yesterday. I do realize I am going to have to step it up next week with Shred or taebo in there too. For some reason the scale went up three pounds when I stepped on it this morning. Maybe it was the 2 cups of trail mix I had yesterday!:noway: You think? lol
    I did manage to get my water in yesterday and probably will today since a sore throat makes me drink more.
    Okay that's my book for the day. Have a good one!
    MM
  • yoginimary
    yoginimary Posts: 6,783 Member
    Options
    Oh, I forgot to share. My husband is up to 152 lbs - so if I hadn't gained that two pounds - we'd weigh the same! (I've always weighed at least 15 lbs more than him and one of my goals was to weigh less than him). So if I don't eat this week....:wink:
  • Renae_Nae
    Renae_Nae Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    UGH...I was more worried about finding enough close to put on (got to love Kansas weather) and ended up not getting breakfast because I was running late. I grabbed a couple Reese's Mini cups and my water and left! :frown: Hopefully in an hour or so I can make it make home to get some real food!
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm taking a "mental health day" from the strike office (and I'm only mildly guilty about it).

So, I get to go to spinning this evening! I'm curious to see how much it kicks my *kitten* (it's been about three months since I've made it to a class. . .)

Other than that. . .
    rest, vits and waters.

Take care!:flowerforyou:
  • ariannedavis
    ariannedavis Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    I have some stern words for you Texans complaining about the cold. Um, yeah, it's single digits before windchill here! hush up (you know who you are :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: )

So I sucked it up and hit the weight room after heading to bed early again last night (meaning I skipped my workout). It's just so hard to breathe. I know I need to go see the dr but I keep hoping I'm kicking it. If not better next week I'll suck it up and see him.

Mary, I don't know what the deal is with ogleing (sp?) women working out. I get so hot I usually end up in shorts & sports bra, but nothing even revealing as a bikini. So, I'm dripping sweat, hair plastered across my face, with that wonderful gooey spit crust around my mouth.... SERIOUSLY? THIS IS SEXY? :noway: I'll never understand! :laugh:

Renae, hope you got more than reese's minis to eat today! V-you deserve it. Enjoy every moment guilt-free. You said you can take a few days off, so I say go for it! :flowerforyou:
    Melissa, keep up the wii. It counts for something rather than nothing! Hey, trail mix = salt = retention!

Have a good one and let's all promise to do something for ourselves this long holiday weekend. Not sure what, but this crew needs some sort of reward for the rough half of January being over! :drinker:

Love you gals,
    Arianne :happy:
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Arianne,

Just so you know, I nearly spit out my coffee this a.m. when I read your comment that I should have strangled the Dr. with my super-strong legs. That totally made my day!:laugh:
  • Bobbie145
    Bobbie145 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Hi, everyone. Just checking in. Hope everyone has a great holiday weekend.

:heart:
    Bobbie
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Well missed a day, and haven't gone to read yesterday's so I hope this finds you all well. Just wanted to check in and say I actually got on the treadmill the last two days so there is hope for me lol. I will try to post more tomorrow, just really busy tonight.