Ready to throw the key away

Options
Well today has just been over all rough today because of the 536 calories I burned on the tred mill yesterday I thought I would have lost weight but I gained a pound then I have family memebers who are just not supportive of my changes anybody else have these days?

Replies

• Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I'm having that day, that week, that month. Just keeping on with the good choices is all we can do.
  • Newmammaluv
    Newmammaluv Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Absolutely!!! It's frustrating but as time goes on I am understanding a little mor eabout my specific body needs and those kinds of days don't blind side me as much anymore. Now I know full well what I am doing and that whoops, ok you messed up what are you going to need to do to get back on track?
  • Mateo1985
    Mateo1985 Posts: 153
    Options
    Hey it's cool!!! the weight flactuates based on how hydrated we are and 3 hundred million other things. Don't look at your weight day by day... Do a weight in once a week max!!! it'll save a lot of nerves)))
  • SimplyDeLish
    SimplyDeLish Posts: 539
    Options
    first remember that it takes a burn of 3500 calories to equal a pound. Burning 500 is awesome but will not make the scale move in and of itself.

A couple of suggestions - don't weigh yourself more than once a week. The natural variance of body weight can drive you crazy! Second, to stay healthy and lose weight at a sustainable and maintainable pace - look for a max of 1 - 2 lbs a week. I know that can seem like such a small amount - but it's truly the key to success!

Good luck!
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    500+ calorie burn is quite a bit on the treadmill, but it's 1/7th of the calories involved in a pound.
    If that was a new workout you likely have water helping the muscles recover.

Do this for yourself not for anyone else, support can come from here, not everyone likes to "change" and with you doing it it may show them how lazy they are personally.
  • blingybaby25
    Options
    Thank You!!! Everyone I have decided to regroup my strategy from your wonderful advice =-) Happy weight loss everyone
  • EdieBird
    EdieBird Posts: 38
    Options
    Well today has just been over all rough today because of the 536 calories I burned on the tred mill yesterday I thought I would have lost weight but I gained a pound then I have family memebers who are just not supportive of my changes anybody else have these days?

I know what you mean about family members. Just keep in mind, you're doing this for YOU! Not for them, or anybody else. You. Sometimes you have to be a little selfish. LOL

Oh, and don't worry about that pound...just keep doing what you're doing and eventually it'll take the hint and leave, taking a few of its friends with it.
  • blingybaby25
    Options

I know what you mean about family members. Just keep in mind, you're doing this for YOU! Not for them, or anybody else. You. Sometimes you have to be a little selfish. LOL

Oh, and don't worry about that pound...just keep doing what you're doing and eventually it'll take the hint and leave, taking a few of its friends with it.

Well have it take ALL of it's friends because they have over stayed their welcome!!! LOL