Cant wait to get this diet started

Options
Salads and excercise is whats on the cards for me now, cuttig junk out of my life will be challenging but its worth it. But i will be trying all types of new healthy alternatives to beat those sugar cravings. Will power is the key to success!!! Check out my instagram for updates - harleyquinnxox

Replies

• GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Step-1: Not treat this as a diet.
    Step-2: Get started.

Welcome to MFP and good luck! :smile:
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,076 Member
    Options
    Personally, I've lost 25 kg and have rarely eaten a salad. You don't have to be so restrictive in what you eat. My diet became more varied when I started here than it was before. Before, I was buying the same ol' things at the grocery store all the time, and I was frequently bored with what I ate. After I signed up here, I went to the grocery stores and markets several times just to have a really good look around at what was available that would be both delicious and low calorie. Now we eat a wider variety of things ... and it's all good. :)
  • iofred
    iofred Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    There is more "good food" than salads. It has very good meals on here, but other than "junk food" anything resembling a normal meal will do, as long as you manage the calorie intake properly
    And as mentioned by Machka, do not treat it as a diet, you should see it as a change in lifestyle
  • princhessharleyx
    princhessharleyx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Oh i know that! I do love healthy food which is a bonus. Im not gonna completely limit myself to salads. Because i know id crave something with a bit more flavor . :) im just gonna keep my calories in check and excercise alot!
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,076 Member
    Options
    So when do you start?
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    Options
    DONT DIET
  • princhessharleyx
    princhessharleyx Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I start today ofcourse!! :)
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    size102b wrote: »
    DONT DIET

It sounds like OP wants to change her way of eating which would be changing her diet, not going on a diet.

Remember, there are two very distinct meanings to the word.

Colloquially, a diet is seen as changing your way of eating for a set length of time to achieve results and then going back to the old way of eating.

Or, as I did, change my diet completely by changing my way of eating in my life for good.

I agree with those in here that say don't limit yourself to salads. A salad can be very delicious, but there are many delicious, healthy food.