ST.LOUIS! WHERE YA AT?!

Options
Where abouts are you from? and how do you use the city in your efforts to lose weight? Does anyone jog the arch stairs? ;)

Just looking for some motivators from my area!

Replies

• Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    Well I am in the St. Louis Area... not so much downtown... I live in High Ridge and work in Fenton. I go to Gold's Gym in Fenton. I also go to Fenton Park or I love love love love riding my bike on Grants Trail!
  • VirtuousJoy
    VirtuousJoy Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I'm in the St. Louis area!!! Actually St. Peters, about 15 minutes from St. Louis!! Feel free to add me! :D
  • dodd319
    dodd319 Posts: 228
    Options
    I'm in Hannibal (about 1 1/2 hours North) of STL. No climbing the arch stairs for me.
  • symphonika
    symphonika Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Well I am in the St. Louis Area... not so much downtown... I live in High Ridge and work in Fenton. I go to Gold's Gym in Fenton. I also go to Fenton Park or I love love love love riding my bike on Grants Trail!

Awesome!!! I've rode my bike in Forest Park but haven't gotten to explore any trails, I'll have to check that one out!!

I actually don't live in the city either I live on the Illinois side but my boyfriend lives in Soulard so I live there part time :p
  • demery12371
    demery12371 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    House Springs MO... Just outside of St. Louis. and work in Fenton.

I use the trail at Fenton Park, Unger Park and around the parking lot of my work several times on my breaks.

And the track next to my son's school on weekends.
  • demery12371
    Options

We are pretty close and work in the same town and walk at the same park... :) We will have to say hi sometime!
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in Belleville, Il (about 15-20 mins from downtown).. Living in New Mexico now but a midwest girl at heart :)
  • symphonika
    Options
    Born and raised in Belleville, Il (about 15-20 mins from downtown).. Living in New Mexico now but a midwest girl at heart :)

wooo hoooo reppin the 618! I have a lot of friends in Belleville actually. What made you move to new mexico?
  • astovey
    astovey Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    My husband (who is from Freeburg, IL) is in the Air Force. My profile pic is acctually in Forest Park
  • symphonika
    Options
    My husband (who is from Freeburg, IL) is in the Air Force. My profile pic is acctually in Forest Park

Oh cool!! Yeah I'm always seeing people get their wedding pictures in Forest park, it's a great place for it.
  • tedm5
    tedm5 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    From a little town right north of Belleville and E-ville, Bunker Hill. My better half and I are in Atlantic City for the Summer, she is a Travel Nurse and I am retired military. Missing the Midwest, family still there. We keep an Apartment in St. Louis though, looking forward to getting back for the Fall, head to the Boat House in Forest Park for Sunday Brunch.
  • geri25
    geri25 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I am from the st' louis area live about 10 min from downtown live at bayless and 55 in the lemay area add me if u would like :)
  • solczyk
    solczyk Posts: 1
    Options
    I live just north of Edwardsville in IL. I work in south county so i am ready to go anywhere. Need some help losing the weight. Love to work out but can't run due to knee disease. Anyone else got ideas?
  • symphonika
    Options
    I live just north of Edwardsville in IL. I work in south county so i am ready to go anywhere. Need some help losing the weight. Love to work out but can't run due to knee disease. Anyone else got ideas?

My mom has issues with her knees so I know that many types of work outs are limited, but there's always a lot of upper body work outs you could do. Also maybe yoga wouldn't be hard on your knees. Swimming would be a great work out as well.
  • jid314
    jid314 Posts: 71
    Options
    I'm in Kirkwood - been in the St Louis area for about 4 years and have lived in Fairview Heights (metro east), the city for 2 years (Dogtown), and now Kirkwood for about a year and a half.

Once we all reach our goal weights we can have a meetup to eat some salad without dressing or something! lol

Oh, and in the mean time, I'll be adding you all as my new friends :)
  • Lissajoy08
    Lissajoy08 Posts: 35
    Options
    Demery,
    If you ever need a different track, there is a little track in House Springs of of Byrnesville Road. They built some fairly new softball fields down in the same area as the skate park.... Anyways, it's a little before lower Byrnesville road on the left. There is a gravel track that is exactly a half a mile long that goes around the entire ball fields. My husband plays soft ball there and I get there early to run/walk the track before the games. It's a pretty nice facility and a pretty view with all the woods that surround the track! :wink:
  • demery12371
    Options
    Demery,
    If you ever need a different track, there is a little track in House Springs of of Byrnesville Road. They built some fairly new softball fields down in the same area as the skate park.... Anyways, it's a little before lower Byrnesville road on the left. There is a gravel track that is exactly a half a mile long that goes around the entire ball fields. My husband plays soft ball there and I get there early to run/walk the track before the games. It's a pretty nice facility and a pretty view with all the woods that surround the track! :wink:

Awesome!! Thank you... I am always looking for new places to mix up my scenary :)
    I work in Fenton and have been mixing it up between Fenton Park and Unger Park. (Unger park gives me a longer walk and has a couple of hills that challenge me. I've only been walking the track at House Springs Elem down by home.
    Thank you so much! :)
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm from the IL side - about 30 min from StL. I don't go to a gym, mostly do my workouts/walking at home, but I love the 5Ks in forest park - We have done quite a few and then visit the zoo afterward!
  • miriamross
    miriamross Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    FREE FRIDAY ZUMBA PARTY!!! FLORISSANT, MO!!! Message me for more details!!!!!!!! Stay motivated ladies!!!