Sudden weight gain?

Options
I'm 5"2 and sadly 180lbs. I used to do ballet until I was 18, then life got in the way, but still exercised from time to time. I gained a little weight but it wasn't too bad till the past few years. I gained a lot of weight (like 60lbs in a year. Bad breakup, family illness etc) so I decided to get back in shape. I'm running 3 days a week and strength training 2 days a week. I weigh my foods, and I'm coming in at 1200 cal give or take a hundred calories(depends on the day and activity level). I recently uped my strength training a bit, and I gained 11lbs in 2 weeks!!! Is this just water weight in my muscles or what is going on?

Replies

• natalie3505
    natalie3505 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    From what I have read here on the forums, our muscles do retain water when we begin working out more, especially with strength training. It sounds like you are doing all the right things and you just need to be patient. Don't get discouraged - it will even out. :)
  • yangt41
    yangt41 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Are you almost due for your time of the month? I can gain up to 10 lbs one or two weeks before I'm due for it.