Weight loss plan

Options
Hi all
I'm after a good eating plan to follow, I weigh 95 kgs and when I try to diet I always feel hungry!!! Anyone with a good plan of around 1500 calls per day. I'm desperate to shift this weight!
Thanks in Advance!

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    kingy112 wrote: »
    I'm after a good eating plan to follow, I weigh 95 kgs and when I try to diet I always feel hungry!!! Anyone with a good plan of around 1500 calls per day. I'm desperate to shift this weight!

First of all you need to change your mindset.
    Don't go on a diet - eat food you like just a little bit less. You can eat anything you want and lose weight, but for health and satiety, quality does matter.
    Stop "trying" - just create a realistic and reasonable plan, and follow it, correctly and consistently, over time. Trust the process. Find ways to check that what you are doing, is working; if not, change it up.
    Work on your feeling of desperation. Losing weight is a slow process, and after you hit maintenance, it's a life long effort to keep it off.
    Investigate food combinations and meal timing that gives you optimal satiety. Protein, fat and fiber works for lots of people.
    Don't expect to feel full all the time, though. Learn to differentiate between hunger and cravings, and to recognize and appreciate degrees of hunger and fullness.
    You have to make your own plan. You are the one that knows your likes and dislikes, and your schedule, and you need to understand how to feed yourself, also when life happens, because it will; and know some basic principles of nutrition. It's not rocket science. You can start with government guidelines and tweak them to your own preferences. Getting a meal plan will teach you nothing.
  • kingy112
    kingy112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thankyou for that advice. True indeed,I needed to hear it!
  • size102b
    size102b Posts: 1,370 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    What foods are you eating ?
    You need to fill up on heathy filling foods ?
    Water etc
  • kingy112
    kingy112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I usually have oats with fruit in morning, salads for lunch but always feel hungry after a few hours with salad even if I add 1/2 cup of quinoa or sweet potato. After dinner i find it the hardest I'm always wanting to snack