change in taste?

Options
Has anyone else had a change in what they love eating now compared to before?
I was a big chocolate fan and alcohol but now that doesn't bother me at all.
It's more the savoury stuff

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    Yes! Real food tastes wonderful to me now, I can distinguish between more nuances, and I don't feel the "need" for candy/chips/cookies anymore, at least not to the same degree. Upping intake of natural fat has been a game changer, in my opinion.
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Nah. I pretty much still want all the foods, all the time. :#:#
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Nope, still eat the same foods I did before, just less of them. The beer and cookies I had yesterday tasted pretty great :)
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to raw carrots and pasta now though the pizza hut buffet yesterday for the first time in over a year was amazing
  • ReaderGirl3
    ReaderGirl3 Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I'm addicted to raw carrots and pasta now though the pizza hut buffet yesterday for the first time in over a year was amazing

The Pizza Huts around us no longer do buffets, very sad about that! There is a local place that has one still but it's like $10 a person, ouch.
  • tamaraworrall
    tamaraworrall Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I overindulged tbh .and paying for it today though my partners leftover pizza almost got ate this morning before I went to the gym ha
  • dutchandkiwi
    dutchandkiwi Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    What I noticed is that a lot of the very sweet stuff is starting to taste bitter to me. I have never been one for lits of candy but I really dislike it now.
  • abatonfan
    abatonfan Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Yup. I can't stand certain foods anymore (vegetables drenched in butter to the point where they're soggy butter-tasting mush, almost all of their frappuccinos/lattes from Starbucks) and have found a love for so many foods that I previously hated (seafood, plain yogurt/cottage cheese, kale/bitter vegetables, mushrooms, super dark chocolate, black coffee and espresso). It's like I'm tolerating less salty/sweet stuff and instead am gravitating more towards the bitter foods that have more subtle sweet/salty/savory nuances.
  • Timelordlady85
    Timelordlady85 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    Yes, I don't enjoy the same unhealthy foods as i thought i craved before. i don't care for salad dressings and condiments on my food because i actually enjoy the taste of the food I'm cooking now.
  • emdeesea
    emdeesea Posts: 1,823 Member
    Options
    The only thing that has changed for me is I don't crave sweet stuff quite as much anymore. And when I do eat it occasionally, I will get a fuzzy, buzzy unpleasant feeling in my head if I eat too much of it. (I assume this is my blood sugar going up after consuming concentrated sugars, which I hardly ever do anymore.)
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    The only thing I've noticed is that there are foods I used to like that I just can't stand anymore because the sodium makes me feel like crap (Pizza Hut, Popeyes, any fast food fries pretty much).

And I'm pickier about my calories... I would eat grocery store croissants before... now if I want one, I'll go to the local bakery that sells delicious ones (or make my own if I feel adventurous). In the last couple years I've actually eaten a lot of things that I used to lose and found them very disappointing (Wegmans eclairs, or any ice cream novelties), but I think it's because I've been spoiled with really good baked goods locally, or higher quality ice cream etc.

But yeah fast food as a whole doesn't appeal to me anymore.