I cant sweat!

Options
nic041mccoy
nic041mccoy Posts: 74 Member
edited April 2016 in Fitness and Exercise
Does anyone else have this problem?!? For as long as I can remember I've never been a sweater, but it's started to kind of bother me now that I'm working out regularly in a gym. I will be doing 45 minutes of high intense cardio barely being able to breath and barely breaking a sweat, and then I see someone walking lightly on a treadmill glistening with sweat! Anyone else have this strange issue??

Replies

• Ninkyou
    Ninkyou Posts: 6,666 Member
    Options
    Don't sweat it.

Ha.

Sweating isn't an indicator of anything, really. It doesn't mean you're not working out hard enough or long enough, etc.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have this issue. For me it means I get overheated a lot faster than most other people. It also seems to me that I have to drink a lot more to combat it.
  • nic041mccoy
    nic041mccoy Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Well as long as it's not a health concern, I'll live with not being a sweater! :)
  • robininfl
    robininfl Posts: 1,137 Member
    Options
    I never sweated from exercise until I was 20 and took a summer ballet intensive here in Florida with a Cuban teacher, in a non-air-conditioned studio with just ceiling fans. So classes were in a room about 90F, or more. I got sweaty at last and so warm my flexibility increased, it was an improvement, I understand where you are coming from. It feels healthy to work out and sweat.

Ever since then I can sweat from working out, though it doesn't always happen, if the room is cold.

Maybe try a hot yoga class?
  • piperdown44
    piperdown44 Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    I'd say you're lucky. I look at gym and start to sweat lol
    Lifting buddies say they can track where I've been in the weight room and what I've been doing based on where the sweat drops are on the floor.
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I feel as i've gotten fitter the less sweaty i am... Day 1 working out i was dripping. Day 30? Only certain workouts (strength type exercises like plank) seem to push me over. I overall hate how i look working out. Red face and sweaty, and curly hair that frizzes out? yeah i look like a mess!
  • SweetestLibby
    SweetestLibby Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Yep! I'm not a heavy sweater and when I do it's almost never in my face.

Doesn't bother me - just means I'm less likely to sweat out my hair (natural hair that's been blow dried and flat ironed doesn't like sweat!h)

My boyfriend in the other hand - I call him the sweat monster. He just looks at the gym and his shirt and shorts are soaked.
  • GreenIceFloes
    GreenIceFloes Posts: 1,491 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Are you sure you are not suffering from anhidrosis/hypohidrosis? It is difficult to diagnose. It's the inability of the body to sweat normally, which can lead to overheating and more complex conditions. It's probably nothing, but doesn't hurt to get checked out.
  • Cherimoose
    Cherimoose Posts: 5,210 Member
    Options
    Does anyone else have this problem?!?

I'm envious. How is it a problem?