Sugar Allowance

Options
Every site I look on seems to suggest a GDA of between 90g and 120g of sugar for men.

Myfitnesspal allows me 34g a day !!!

This seems crazy, a couple of pieces of fruit and I'm struggling, can anyone enlighten me on the thinking behind this ??

Replies

• ChantalGG
    ChantalGG Posts: 2,404 Member
    Options
    Yes, I removed the sugar and track sodium. I think that is more worrisome for me. if you are eating natural sugars it is better then the whit e stuff.
  • fenix1976
    fenix1976 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    bump
  • kimmerroze
    kimmerroze Posts: 1,330 Member
    Options
    Im with ChantalGG I quit tracking it... The amount of sugar I eat doesn't make me feel bloated, or sick or anything, and it doesn't effect my weight loss. so I track sodium instead.
  • Heatherbelle_87
    Heatherbelle_87 Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    Im with ChantalGG I quit tracking it... The amount of sugar I eat doesn't make me feel bloated, or sick or anything, and it doesn't effect my weight loss. so I track sodium instead.
    Yes, I removed the sugar and track sodium. I think that is more worrisome for me. if you are eating natural sugars it is better then the whit e stuff.

Same!
  • tawnydale
    tawnydale Posts: 34
    Options
    I've been doing my best to keep it in range...if it goes over...maybe taking a nice brisk walk will help bring it back down. Google low sugar snacks and foods...that might help you as well.