Good high impact sports bra?

Options
Any recos appreciated...hopefully there are some that are not too expensive. Thanks!

Replies

• shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I like Shock Absorber (which you can sometimes find on sale for a decent price on amazon). There is also La Isla which makes bras pretty much identical to more expensive brands, but is cheaper.

La Isla High Impact Racerback (identical to Shock Absorbers Ultimate Run Bra) is $20:
    http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BIFH5KE?psc=1

This La Isla bra ($27-31 depending on size) looks to be similar to a Panache Women's Underwire Sports bra ($70):
    http://www.amazon.com/La-Womens-Underwire-Maximum-Support/dp/B00IFZKTI0/ref=pd_sim_193_10?ie=UTF8&dpID=51LHyMxym5L&dpSrc=sims&preST=_AC_UL200_SR160,200_&refRID=0FCJ0N1NJW399MRNTHKV

(Side note: La Isla bras are in UK sizing, so you will need to convert. I made that mistake the first time I ordered one, because the amazon listing didn't specify that part. The way cups are labeled changes around the DD mark between the US and UK. UK goes DD, E, F while US goes DD/E, DDD/F, G.)
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for the suggestions! I'll check them out!
  • katiealice16
    katiealice16 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm a 32E so need something supportive... I have two personal favourites

Panache Bras- so good, voted number 1 in various awards. Really pretty and flattering and also reduce bounce a lot! Also has a racer back.

I also have the 'Freya active crop top' sports bra from Freya. it's really good but not quite as flattering as the Panache. It can feel a bit like an over the shoulder boulder holder type thing!
  • rileyes
    rileyes Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    Go to a running store like Road Runner. They sell a few brands. My favorite is Moving Comfort (Maia is the best support for my high impact sports).
  • BalletAndBarbells
    BalletAndBarbells Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Panache ultimate - the best sports bra ever - I now have 6 in different colours and won't wear anything else!
  • NaturalNancy
    NaturalNancy Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Champion zip front sport bras, they have a front zipper and three hooks too, from $17-$23bucjs on Amazon
  • zdyb23456
    zdyb23456 Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    When I was nursing and had enormous breasts, I bought supportive wireless bras (I think it was Hanes brand). They weren't pretty, but functional. Then I would put a sports bra on over the top. It was the only thing that worked and didn't hurt to run.
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    Options
    I'm not particularly busty, so I can get away with any sports bra for the most part...but many of my more generously endowed friends swear by Lululemon's Ta-Ta Tamer bras.

I hear Title Nine also has some excellent highly supportive bras.
    http://www.titlenine.com/category/sports-bras-and-undies/shop-all-best-sports-bras.do
  • Aine8046
    Aine8046 Posts: 2,122 Member
    Options
    Moving Comfort Fiona and Panache (this is more expensive though)!
  • sbl1881
    sbl1881 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I have at least 4 Champion sports bras. Love them. You can get them on Amazon for around $30.
  • sureitstime
    sureitstime Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Bought Enell recently. Love it!
  • debkie77
    debkie77 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the suggestions! So glad to get some personal recommendations rather than just picking one & hoping for the best! I truly appreciate your help!