Anyone tried Plant based protein products?

Options
I have always used isolate protein and low lactose products..Thanks for feedback

Replies

• kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,897 Member
    Options
  • kristencn
    kristencn Posts: 4 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    I've been trying to find great tasting vegan protein bars that aren't expensive. Anyone have suggestions? Really hoping for at least 10 grams of protein.
  • brala90
    brala90 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Yea man "SunWarrior Protein" is preatty good I consider it among the best plant based protein supps on the market.
  • brala90
    Options
    As for protein bars try "Cliff" bars
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Thanks @kshama2001 @brala90 Sun warrior looks like a good product!
  • brala90
    Options
    Your welcome. Im glad I was of help.
  • try2again
    try2again Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    I love my pea protein powder! Naturade vanilla. :)
  • baldysteveharper
    baldysteveharper Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    After 35 years of personally using and comparing protein powders I still find Shaklee the best. Many Olympic winners love it. PM me and I will share more.
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    Options
    Tried them and was not impressed. Nothing beats a good Whey Isolate! :)
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    brala90 wrote: »
    Yea man "SunWarrior Protein" is preatty good I consider it among the best plant based protein supps on the market.

Thats what I use, and I bury it in smoothies. The vanilla flavor is far too sweet on its own. But the amino acid profile is quite good.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
  • rakowskidp
    rakowskidp Posts: 231 Member
    Options
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Hemp seed, Organic rice protein
  • fkwan
    fkwan Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Mix of Nutribiotic rice protein, NOW pea protein, Manitoba 70 hemp protein. All four flavors of D's Naturals vegan protein bars.
  • tessr760
    tessr760 Posts: 21 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    kristencn wrote: »
    I've been trying to find great tasting vegan protein bars that aren't expensive. Anyone have suggestions? Really hoping for at least 10 grams of protein.

I recently have been loving nugo dark bars! they're vegan and super yummy. 10 grams of protein and relatively low in fat, my favorite is the dark chocolate pretzel flavor.
  • Wicked_Seraph
    Wicked_Seraph Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I like Orgain and Aloha protein powders - both of them taste pretty great and mix extremely well, even in nut milks. My body doesn't like soy, and thankfully these don't have soy or dairy :)
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    kristencn wrote: »

Clif Builder Bars. Tasty, affordable, high protein.
  • StacyChrz
    StacyChrz Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I have recently switched to Essential 10 plant based protein (they have a whey option that I haven't tried). I like Luna Bars but they have soy. I try not to eat them every day but they are tasty and have good protein and fiber. Lara bars are great if you want limited ingredients and no soy.
  • tdeaux
    tdeaux Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I have tried many and I thought the best was Rainbow Light chocolate flavor.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    StacyChrz wrote: »
    I have recently switched to Essential 10 plant based protein (they have a whey option that I haven't tried). I like Luna Bars but they have soy. I try not to eat them every day but they are tasty and have good protein and fiber. Lara bars are great if you want limited ingredients and no soy.

Lara Bars don't have much protein at all though (I think about 4 grams). They're tasty, but a better source of fat and carbohydrates.