Starting Over....AGAIN

Options
Palace76
Palace76 Posts: 25 Member
I feel like I am always starting over again. I need something that sticks. I hope this app helps me. Anyone else dealing with this life long weight struggle?

ps- I had to create a brand new account given that I completely spaced out on my old info. This is what happens when I don't get my normal dosage of cookies and cupcakes. :(

Replies

• Palace76
    edited April 2016
    Options
    Anyone else a Monday Dieter? Meaning every Monday after a weekend long of eating and drinking whatever you want honestly believe that Monday you're going to change your ways, will start again, and by Wednesday night you're stuffing your face with In-N-Out?

The struggle is real!
  • Devil_Dawg
    Devil_Dawg Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Hi Palace76 I'm in the same struggle. I started over again and again lol but I'm hopeful that I would I will see some positive results. Good Luck and don't give up :)
  • Palace76
    Options
    Devil_Dawg wrote: »
    Hi Palace76 I'm in the same struggle. I started over again and again lol but I'm hopeful that I would I will see some positive results. Good Luck and don't give up :)

Thank you!! I think that's the key to this whole thing. Not giving up. I've been in the cycle of giving up and calling it quits after a bad day or a bad meal. But it's all about making changes now and sticking to them.

I just have to remember that!
  • Amara411
    Amara411 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Same here.. I used to insist I would always start on a Monday and eat as much junk as I could before that :s
    If I ate so much as one bad thing, I would give up for the rest of that day which usually led to me giving up on a whole.
    Now I'm trying to see it as more like balance. I can have that one thing, but in a smaller quantity as long as it fits within my daily calories. So far, it has been working for me and I haven't had any severe cravings.
  • Palace76
    edited April 2016
    Options
    You have literally described me and my pattern! It's very frustrating.

• loudare
    loudare Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Yep! You're not alone. Just keep on working on it. One thing I recently noticed is that I get this "hunger" and feel like "I MUST satiate it". Here's a good one: "Why should I deprive myself? I want to enjoy life!" That's usually my final justification to jumping into some eating binge (or even just eating more than I really intended). But like a lot of cravings, it does go away. I used to be a smoker and felt the same way about cigarettes - "I REALLY want one! Why should I deprive myself?! It will feel so good to have it...". Something that's helped is NOT depriving myself, but controlling how much, and savoring each bite. Example: Get the In-N-Out, but not a Double-Double and no fries. Savor every bite. Enjoy it to the max. And, if you can, don't eat the whole thing. Even if you just toss one bite. It puts you more "in control". I hope something here helps. As Devil_Dawg said, just don't give up - and Good Luck!
  • Nicklebee93
    Nicklebee93 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I get where both of you are coming from. I was the same way. But one day i got very serious, i hit my all time high of 165 pounds, i couldn't stand looking in the mirror. I felt ugly. So i made the change. I lost 20 pounds. I took a break and i couldn't seem to break my 140-145 pounds (i keep fluctuating) which only made me frustrated and upset. I took a long break, but i never did gain anything back. And i re-started a little over a month ago. I was still in the same loop. It took me a MONTH of fluctuating those 5 pounds, until finally, i was down 7 pounds (138) and i looked in the mirror yesterday and i realized i lost my round belly, it was finally becoming flat (a fat flat) but sure enough, it didn't hold its big round shape anymore.

Everyday i tell me "one day at a time" i still push myself to workout, to make sure i log everything. To say no to all those snacks. Self control to only eat some of the chocolate bar. You can do it. But only you. You need to want the change and you never will be able to until then.
  • rance100
    rance100 Posts: 1 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    HELLO GROUP WE ALL STRUGGLE WITH BACK AND FORTH DIETING. WE YOU ARE NOT ALONE. I MY SELF HAD BEEN DOING THE SAME THING. REMEMBER DON'T GIVE UP YOUR JOURNEY, JUST GET BACK UP YOUR PERSISTENCE WILL ALLOW YOU TO TAKE CONTROL. OFTEN WE EAT ON TRIGGERED RESPONSES. EXAMPLE, THE SMELL OF FRESH BAKED BREAD AS WE WALK BY THE LOCAL BAKERY, ONE THING I DO NOW BEFORE I EAT THINGS I SAY TO MY SELF WILL IT HELP ME BURN THE FAT I WANT TO LOSE, IT WORKS MOST OF THE TIME. DON'T STOP NOW. PLEASE RESPOND BACK EVERYONE THIS IS MY FIRST POSTING I WANT US TO REACH TO EACH OTHER.
  • Palace76
    Options
    I just made myself a "healthy" brunch....600+ calories later. Ugh! I need to start logging in the food BEFORE I eat. v5zelcj6wpyn.jpeg
  • vivmom2014
    vivmom2014 Posts: 1,647 Member
    Options
    Wait. Why "ugh"? That food looks delicious. 600 calories should fit easily into your day. So, the problem is??
  • Palace76
    edited April 2016
    Options
    vivmom2014 wrote: »
    Wait. Why "ugh"? That food looks delicious. 600 calories should fit easily into your day. So, the problem is??

I only have about 700 calories left in my day. I think I'm overthinking the whole calorie count. Also, I do realize it's a 600+ calorie meal of healthy stuff and not 1 cheeseburger!! Sorry....still learning and trying to get the hang of this. Thanks.
  • sharondjs
    sharondjs Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    Hi Palace 76 , I agree i'd say ug to at 600 calories for bunch , but think of it more as an early lunch and have a big salad for lunch instead :) & yes it did look terrific
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    I lost steadily on 1700 calories a day. Make sure your goal isn't too aggressive.
  • vivmom2014
    Options
    sharondjs wrote: »
    Hi Palace 76 , I agree i'd say ug to at 600 calories for bunch , but think of it more as an early lunch and have a big salad for lunch instead :) & yes it did look terrific

Since "brunch" is a combination of two meal times, I'd say 600 calories is excellent.

• mama000
    mama000 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Plan it out... both meals and exercise including timed schedule. Then do your best each day, each meal. I personally stay away from smoothies and eat the vegetables themselves. Your struggle is common... that's why we're all here logging in. Don't give up. Health can be #1 priority instead of weight. We're all with ya.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Wow, such a nice meal, this could be dinner, supper or breakfast. If its brunch that means lunch and breakfast right? Bno problem. Thats low cal for two meals. :)
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Palace76 wrote: »
    Anyone else a Monday Dieter? Meaning every Monday after a weekend long of eating and drinking whatever you want honestly believe that Monday you're going to change your ways, will start again, and by Wednesday night you're stuffing your face with In-N-Out?

The struggle is real!
    I worked with two ladies who would plan a diet on the upcoming Monday, so on the preceding week-end, they'd get together for a few final, huge meals like a guy eating his last night on death row.
    On Monday, they'd be starving themselves on seaweed wrapped tofu, carrot juice and other such loathsome "diet" foods.
    Right before bed, they drink a Slim Fast...and now, Tuesday...and by 2pm, they'd have ordered pizza!
    We all joked about it, and they were sure good natured about themselves. And I enjoyed the free pizza...

So, both ended up well over 350 pounds with diabetes, amputations and eventual death. Neither made it at age 45.

Anyway, good luck with your goals here on MFP.
    :)

• Palace76
    Options
    RWClary wrote: »

The struggle is real!
    I worked with two ladies who would plan a diet on the upcoming Monday, so on the preceding week-end, they'd get together for a few final, huge meals like a guy eating his last night on death row.
    On Monday, they'd be starving themselves on seaweed wrapped tofu, carrot juice and other such loathsome "diet" foods.
    Right before bed, they drink a Slim Fast...and now, Tuesday...and by 2pm, they'd have ordered pizza!
    We all joked about it, and they were sure good natured about themselves. And I enjoyed the free pizza...

So, both ended up well over 350 pounds with diabetes, amputations and eventual death. Neither made it at age 45.

Wow. That is a hard core story! I don't want to end up like your lady friends. I'm ready to make positive changes in my life now! Yikes. Scary story, but thanks for sharing.
  • RWClary
    RWClary Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    RWClary wrote: »

The struggle is real!

Wow. That is a hard core story! I don't want to end up like your lady friends. I'm ready to make positive changes in my life now! Yikes. Scary story, but thanks for sharing.
    You can do this. and you're in the right place.
  • soba82
    soba82 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hi Palace 76 Im doing the excat same thing. I went of eating healthy and being active. Didnt track any of it. Stressed out life stuff gets to you and you forget about yourself. Now im back much like you new profile. I keep reminding myself that I'm getting back into it and trying again. :smile: 1 day at a time