water

Options
Does drinking unsweetened tea count toward your water intake for the day?

Replies

• JALangston
    JALangston Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Yes. Any liquid does. Freezies do. Soda does. Fruits and veggies do to (but hard to track unless you make your own juice). Soup does. Coffee does. Milk does. .... s'how people who never drink water still manage to survive LOL. Your body just pulls out all that H20 from the foods your eating and the drinks your drinking.

Now, is it the BEST for you? Sure. unsweetened iced tea is better than fully leaded sugary soda pop. Or a freezie pop. (mmmm, freezie pop). And anything you drink with a lot of sodium is not going to be as effective as straight up water (like soup). But if you hate water and are just trying to get your 64 oz in and are trying new things to get to that number, I say go for it.
  • brobin41101
    brobin41101 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for the information. I thought maybe it would but wasn't totally sure. I am trying to eliminate soda from my diet all together, as I need to watch my sodium anyway. WOW, It is hidden everywhere!!! P.S. I noticed your ticker, l think we may be able to motivate each other on our journey as I am in almost the same boat as you. ( I think my boat is just a little bigger, lol ), Add me as a friend if you would like. Again.....Thank you , for the info.