Lactose free dairy cheese in southern California?

Options
In my hometown in Canada, a local dairy company sells a lactose-free cheddar cheese. It's NOT dairy free, but somehow it is lactose free.

Is anyone aware of a store in southern California (San Diego, specifically) that sells such a product? The stores nearest me are Whole Foods, Ralph's, Trader Joe's, and Sprouts.

Replies

• Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    k1sob5afygvr.jpeg
    Harder cheeses are naturally lactose free. Even Kraft cheese says it contains 0 grams of lactose on some of its packages.
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    edited April 2016
    Options
    But I'm not aware of a cheddar that falls into that category! The hard cheeses have their uses, but are not what I need for every dish.

edit: When I first responded, I was on the app and the picture didn't appear. Is that a lactose free mozzarella?? I will have to read the packing on some Kraft cheese I guess! Thank you.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    But I'm not aware of a cheddar that falls into that category! The hard cheeses have their uses, but are not what I need for every dish.

edit: When I first responded, I was on the app and the picture didn't appear. Is that a lactose free mozzarella?? I will have to read the packing on some Kraft cheese I guess! Thank you.

Yes, I buy the double pack at Sam's Club.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    I bought a yummy almond-based cheese at Sprouts. Whole Foods will have something--just ask them.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    Oh--and welcome to SoCal!!! :smiley:
  • mathandcats
    mathandcats Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Psychgrrl wrote: »
    I bought a yummy almond-based cheese at Sprouts. Whole Foods will have something--just ask them.

Thank you, but I'm not after dairy free cheese. I've tried several and have not liked any.