Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    Log it in the cardiovascular section.
  • CyberTone
    CyberTone Posts: 7,337 Member
    Options
    Add "Strength training (weight lifting, weight training)" to Cardiovascular to get estimated Calories burned added to your Diary. Please note that the Calories burned for Cardiovascular exercises provided by MFP are based on published metabolic equivalent of tasks (METs), which are estimates for a general population and may differ for you as an individual. If desired, add individual strength training exercises, such as "Biceps Curl," to Strength Training to have a log of sets, reps, and weights as individual exercises.

Please see these articles, and search for other helpful articles on the MFP Help pages...

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/articles/11170-why-don-t-you-calculate-calories-burned-for-strength-training-

myfitnesspal.desk.com/customer/portal/topics/455842-exercise-diary-and-exercise-database/articles
  • LivingtheLeanDream
    LivingtheLeanDream Posts: 13,342 Member
    Options
    Yep log under the cardio section...
  • drwilseyjr
    drwilseyjr Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I sync MFP with the Under Armor Record app and record my workout time - 30 minutes to get an estimate of calories burned.
  • dljones67
    dljones67 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR & time my weight lifting workouts. I burn approx 150-175 calories for approx. 1 hour. I work out hard & lifting heavy for me so my HR averages in the 90's with short rest periods & time setting up machines (I'm anal & check my HR a lot lol). My gym has the older hammer strength equip so i have to load my plates which i like as it lets me get in a little extra workout. On weight lifting days my goal is to eat about 150 extra calories & try to make it protein. It works for me.
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    I log mine for accountability. Added as my own exercise in cardio and add 1 calorie.
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    12by311 wrote: »
    I log mine for accountability. Added as my own exercise in cardio and add 1 calorie.

Curious - if u don't want to add calories, why not add it in the strength training section? Why in the cardio side?
  • 12by311
    12by311 Posts: 1,716 Member
    Options
    elaineamj wrote: »

Curious - if u don't want to add calories, why not add it in the strength training section? Why in the cardio side?

I just want to put in my program. Not each lift, set, weight, etc.
  • Psychgrrl
    Psychgrrl Posts: 3,177 Member
    Options
    elaineamj wrote: »

I already log everything in my weight lifting program. Personally I just want a little MFP credit for my workout and I don't have the patience to do it exercise by exercise again. :blush:
  • elaineamj
    elaineamj Posts: 347 Member
    Options

I just want to put in my program. Not each lift, set, weight, etc.

I see.

I just named my little mini routine and input it as one single set of reps. And that's what I input into MFP each time.